July 26, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Neutral Maxi



MusicPlaylist

Oh hey hey!  It's time for Threesome Thursdays y'all and today I am featuring my neutral maxi skirt.  I have worn this skirt about a billion times if I was to estimate, but it must have been pre-blog days because I could only find two other times I wore the blog on here!  Just another reason why this feature will help me out--I need to wear this skirt more!


Aw look how cute!  This was my second blog post ever.  Back in the good ole awkward days when I was too shy to do public photos and stood awkwardly in my backyard!  (I rent so . . . don't judge me on the yard mmmkay)


Aw yes and this milestone when I first got my Old Navy safari vest.  I have worn this thing to death.  Mayhaps it shall be featured next week on Threesome Thursdays . . . hmmmm . . .

Inspiration for this outfit came from Lydia when she posted a neutral maxi, white tee and summer scarf to show how much a simple scarf can change the outfit from blah to fab.

While my photography today is quite sub-par (especially in comparison to Lydia's . . . oh how I wish I had her camera and photography talent!  She takes her own photos too!), I really do agree.  The scarf makes the outfit something other than a white tee and a neutral maxi.

The great thing about maxis, is that they are so carefree.  I compulsively shave my legs everyday, but when you wear a maxi, you don't have to worry about shaving your legs.  Or crossing your legs.  Basically, you can throw nearly all the ladylike stigma with skirts out the window.

A maxi in a neutral palette--be it white or beige or black or navy--offers lots of versatility and room for remix. 

You wanna hear something weird?  A month or so ago I bought an embarrassing amount of shoes from Payless.  Most of which were big chunky heels and platform sandals.  And the only two pairs that were uncomfortable as eff were these flats and my leopard ones.  Which is a bummer because flats are supposed to offer comfort over heels.  But I'm determined to break them in. 

Tomorrow's Friday.  Three cheers!  I am soooooo stoked because I get to see my younger kids after eleven days!  I miss them like crazy when I don't see them.  But soon enough school will start and I will get to see them nearly everyday.  Can.  Not.  Wait.

  Beige Maxi Skirt-New York & Co., thrifted; White Tee-Faded Glory; Blue Polka Dot Scarf-vintage; Floral Flats-Payless; Bracelets-DIY and gifted; Earrings-DIY and gifted

Don't Forget!

About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

Also, my absolute favorite sponsor, eShakti (remember this dress and this dress?) is also offering 10% off to you lucky Frannie Pantz readers as well by using the discount code  FR24SXN through July 31, 2012.  This can even be used in addition to the 40% off sale they are already offering on some items!  Cha ching! 

So go buy sumpin purty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs