July 22, 2012

It's Done

Mixpod is being a huge pain in my butt right now, so sorry, but I don't have a music intro for you today.  #sadface

Yesterday Kaden had two baseball games.  Two.  One at 9 a.m. and one at 1 p.m.  I was literally a hot mess by the end of the day.  We were sitting in the 98 degree sun for 7 hours.  

They won the first game by one point in the last inning.  If they won the second one, they went on to the championship games on Monday night.  Sadly, they lost 6-0.  

It is kind of bittersweet though.  Kaden has never been able to be on a team that made it this far into the tournaments, but on a selfish note, I am kind of relieved to be done with baseball practices and games.  The break will be much appreciated.

After all that, I came home and wedding DIYed like a crazed woman.  And then Patrick and I did our Insanity workout.  So basically what I did yesterday was sweat.  A lot.  

No one wants to see that, so I stayed clear of the blog yesterday.  But it made me want to be extra girly today.  So I sifted out my favorite shear maxi dress and casualized it up a bit with a chambray button up tied in the front and my Blowfish distressed linen wedges. 

But I wasn't done with wedding DIYing.  Oh no friends.  My sister and Maid of Honor came over today to help me out a bit.  

Let me just say that I could not do my budget wedding without Pintrest.  After pinning this, I decided to give it a go with some colored duct tape in our wedding colors. 

Patrick set out last night to get 304 water bottles for me to duct tape today.  Wow.  I can say two things right now:

One--I never want to use duct tape again.  My scissors are all sticky, my arms are sore from pulling and after about bottle #189 I lost all interest in getting them on perfectly straight.

Two--I've got three new Wedding DIY blisters on my thumb from the mess.  I am starting to get quite the war wounds from this wedding extravaganza.  Hopefully I can end up blister, dark eye and stress free for the big day!

I am so stoked, however, to see all this coming together.  It is a great feeling and I will know at the wedding that I literally put all my blood, sweat and tears into all of it. 

I know this is what everyone says and thinks on Sunday nights, but seriously, I don't want to go to work tomorrow.  I've been getting up early and running from sun up to sun down all weekend. 

Not to mention, Dawn is leaving us.  She put in her two weeks on Friday.  #supersadface  But, the good thing about Mondays is that they are only 24 hours long.  So bring it on!

Peach Shear Maxi Dress-vintage; Short Sleeved Chambray Button Up Top-Style & Co., thrifted; Distressed Linen Wedges-c/o Blowfish; Necklace-K-Mart; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs