July 13, 2012

Takin One For The Team


MusicPlaylist

Do me a favor.  When it is bitter cold in the winter time and I am bitching profusely about the freezing air, remind me how outrageously hooooot it was this summer. 

The A/C in my car finally bit the dust today.  I had to go pick my kids up in Loveland after work and by the time I arrived, I was dowsed in sweat.  It was sexy.

It was so bad that I stopped on my way to get them to go by King Soopers.  Sure, I needed to get hamburger buns, but I also just wanted to stand in the freezer section for a while.  

After I got the youngins (yay!), we raced over to Kaden's baseball game.  In Conner's words, they dominated the other team (he's a genius 7 year old, remember?  He doesn't use words like beated or won.  No, no.  He uses "dominated".  I love him) 16-6.

But it didn't come without sacrifice.  Kaden's first at bat, he got nailed with a pitch right in the right shoulder (he's a lefty).  I heard it from the stands and came racing over to him. 

He was fine, but he'll have a nasty bruise. I gar-raun-tee it.  He walked it off, but I was still pretty shaken up about it.  "You're such a mom," Patrick says.  Duh!

All in all, not a bad Friday, even for a Friday the 13th.  Did the rest of you have a good Friday the 13th or were you plagued with bad luck?

This weekend proves to be fairly low key with one exception.  Bob's memorial service is tomorrow.  He passed away in March, but his service is tomorrow.

I'm not certain I'm mentally prepared for it.  I've missed him so much.  For it to be final might hit me kind of hard.  We'll see.  For now, I'm going to just enjoy my last few hours of Friday fun. 

 Leopard Wrap Sundress (worn as a skirt)-vintage; Coral Short Sleeve Button Down-New York & Co., thrifted; Coral Suede Sandals-Payless


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs