July 30, 2012

Share the Covers--Take On Me







Since last week's Share the Covers was a little darker, I'm lightening the mood today with a new rendition of a classic 80's song. 

In other news, I tried to curl my hair.  And until it stormed half way through the day, it actually held up to my delight.

I was going for an 80's-ish nautical look with a punk/ska-ish twist to go with the song o' the day.  But apparently I looked very pirate-esque because Patrick held no bars making pirate comments this morning.

Also, I think that I have created a monster.  In my daughter.  This will require some backtracking.  So every Friday night in the summer, my kids and I have movie night.

And every Friday night, no matter the weather or season, they require hot cocoa.  Well, we ran out of the packaged stuff and my daughter was not havin' it. 

Luckily, I had seen a recipe for some hot cocoa using only milk and Nutella--both of which I had.  So we made some and it was gooood.

Here's where the monster explanation comes in--unbeknownst to me, Brielle had never had Nutella before.  Let me just say that the moment her tongue hit the spoon, she was hooked.

And I don't mean hooked like in an "wow, I liked that" sort of way.  I mean hooked, addicted like crack to Nutella.

She spent the rest of the weekend sneaking fingers full of Nutella from the cabinet and begging me to give her more. 

Ultimately I had to find a recipe to use the rest of the Nutella just to keep her occupied.  We made Nutella cupcakes.  They were good.  And hopefully enough to hold her over for a while . . .

Striped 3/4 Sleeve Shirt-thrifted; Button Down Midi Skirt-thrifted; Red Polka Dot Scarf-vintage; White and Cork Sandals-Madden Girl; Watch-gifted; Belt-Kohl's (cut though)

Don't Forget!

About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

Also, my absolute favorite sponsor, eShakti (remember this dress and this dress?) is also offering 10% off to you lucky Frannie Pantz readers as well by using the discount code  FR24SXN through July 31, 2012.  This can even be used in addition to the 40% off sale they are already offering on some items!  Cha ching! 

So go buy sumpin purty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs