July 19, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--LBD


MusicPlaylist

Don't worry.  We'll get to my day in a minute.  First, let's talk of happier things.  Remember on Monday when I told you that I thought of a new feature for my blog?  Well here it is!  Threesome Thursdays!

I am going to prove to myself that I do in fact have something to wear by showing the versatility of the clothes in my closet.  Every Thursday I will choose an item of clothing that has gotten a lot of wear in my closet and show you the other two ways that I wore it.  

Today we will kick start this feature off in a very cliche way by showcasing my favorite Little Black Dress.  It is common knowledge to a woman (thanks to Ms. Chanel) that the one classic go-to piece you must own is the LBD.  It is extremely versatile and has no problem taking you from office to cocktails and beyond.  


This dress was a splurge for me.  I did use a gift card, but it was still $30.  At a department store.  Y'all know I'm an avid thrifter!  But the second I put this dress on, the bestie turned to me and said "Guuuuurl, you gotta have that dress."  And he was right.


 I have worn this dress in winter, spring and summer and it is still going strong.  The quality of this dress is the ultimate seller for me.  That way, I am fine that I paid the extra bit to have one that will last me for many years.  So, ladies, get you a real, quality LBD.  It will save you in times of sartorial panic.  Trust.

This is the same outfit that I wore to Bob's Memorial Service on Saturday, sans the blazer.  And I wore it today to Court.  I don't know, but a small part of me hope that Bob (who was a criminal defense attorney) would be there with me in spirit as I approached my doom.

I'm just gonna say it to y'all.  Court . . . sucked.  Really.  Here's the thing (before you all start to judge), I did something wrong.  Ok.  I get that.  But let's look at what I did--I dropped (not flicked, not tossed) a lit cigarette out of my driver's side window in the middle of downtown in the rain.  Mind you, this was long before any of the wildfire fiasco in Colorado.

Not good.  I get it.  But I was charged criminally with "throwing burning material from a movie vehicle."  Now, does this or does this not sound heinous?  I mean, I wasn't tossing Mofia cocktails at baby strollers, but this sounds bad.

This offense is a Class 2 Misdemeanor.  In other words, they are not fucking around.  There is a possible three months jail time and $1,000 fine on top of this bad boy.  I went in a little cocky, I admit.  I expected a hefty fine because of all the wildfires.  I accepted that.  I did something wrong.  I get it.  But, I knew I had no criminal history whatsoever.  So, I thought that might end that.  

Verdict was in.  Though I have no criminal record, I do have some minor traffic offenses (speeding, a few fender benders).  Nothing crazy.  No D.U.I.s or D.W.A.I.s or major car accidents or anything.  Now why they opted to consider my driving record when I was charged criminally, I don't know.  Why it didn't matter that I have had one speeding ticket in the last two years, I don't know.  The fact that I had no criminal record merely saved me from any jail time.  By an extreme minimal margin.  My driving record comes into play because the District Attorney could not spare me nor could she offer me a lesser offense.  I had to plead guilty to "throwing burning material from a moving vehicle", a Class 2 Misdemeanor (i.e. on your permanent record).  I got a fine and I got community service. Meanwhile, the woman before me who had gotten in a car accident while texting walked with nothing on her criminal and a fine of $40.  I felt like shit.  And not in a victim, the system is against me, woe is me I did nothing wrong kind of way.  In a WTF?  Kind of way.  I've already admitted guilt, but I am not a criminal!  What I did had a very, very, very slim marginal chance of ever hurting anyone and by hurting them, I mean in a very small way.  As I said, it was raining, so it wasn't even going to stay lit itself, let alone catch anything else on fire.  It was in the middle of town without a tree or patch of grass or field or tumbleweed in sight. 

Sorry for the rant.  It could have been worse.  But I still feel it was BS.  Like I said, I was wrong.  I could have accepted a littering ticket or the like.  But seriously.  Seeeeeeeriously.  Anyway, see ya on the chain gang.

  LBD-Alfani; White Blazer-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Two Tone Cap Toe Heels-Franco Sarto; Watch and Earrings-gifted; Necklace-Empowerment Circle of Support from Avon

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs