July 3, 2012

TuesFriSaturday



MusicPlaylist

It definitely felt like Tuesday at work today.  Monday was behind us and I had a pretty good idea of what I was walking into this morning.  But . . .

It also feels like Friday because we have tomorrow off.  But it also kind of felt like a Saturday that you have to go in for a little bit to catch up because it is only one day off.  Kind of weird.

I got to leave early to go to an appointment to get my passport for the honeymoon.  Yay!  OMG you guys.  I realized this past weekend that we are really down to the wire with the wedding.  We only have 65 more days until it is here!  Eek!

It is going to be wedding crunch time in our household for the foreseeable future.  I feel so underprepared!  But I know that we have the most important stuff down--a place, food, a dress, music and great people.  The rest is just details.  

Although it is a LOT of details.  A lot of small seemingly insignificant details that you never thought you would ever have to figure out in your life.  Oi.

So a few weeks ago, Patrick ordered Insanity.  For those of you who don't know, it is this workout program/diet thing.  I gave him a ration of shit for it because I vowed it would just sit on our shelf for months neglected.  

Well, he is starting it today.  A friend of mine recently posted her results from doing Insanity and it was pretty impressive.  It is a 60 day program.  There are 65 days until the wedding.  I got to thinking . . .

I haven't been really good lately at keeping goals.  Let's be honest, I've failed at all of my New Years' revolutions.  But I think this could be worth a shot for sure.  So I decided that I was going to do it.  

I even went so far as to calculate the amount of calories I needed to eat in order to maintain my weight.  And hopefully get buff as $h!t.  You know what I'm sayin'?

We'll see how it goes.  I am supposed to eat five small meals a day.  I tell you--usually my eating habits consist of a small lunch and a decent sized dinner.  I might have a few light snacks between.  Maybe.  Today, eating five meals has been rough.  I mean, I was so full by lunch I thought I wouldn't be able to eat for the rest of the day!

But, full or not, I had a date tonight.  With Patrick's mom.  I love her.  I truly am a lucky lady.  I had a date with Patrick last night (which was an amazing time that included calzones, a rooftop, an ice cold beer and cleaning our room, because we're hardcore like that) and got to hang out with his mom tonight.  It really puts the important part of the wedding into perspective.  I got this.

 Red Wool Pencil Skirt-Pendleton, vintage; Orange and White Striped Tee-thrifted; Orange Suede Cutout Sandals-Payless; Watch-gifted; Necklace-vintage from Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs