July 29, 2012

For Those About to Rock



MusicPlaylist

I call this place that I am taking my pictures the Sandlot.  It is this old abandoned makeshift baseball field a few blocks from my house.  It is old, scraggly and just neglected as all hell.

My weekend has been really laid back.  Which is good after having such a busy week last week and anticipating another one this week.  Which is why I am wearing fashionable scrubs today. 

And I got an extra minute to try this hairstyle again and I finally got it right!  Even though I stand by the fact that it would look way better if I straightened my hair, but I was way too lazy to do that today.

You know what I realized this weekend?  Well, I'd known it before, but it really came to me yesterday.  Kids require no cost to build their character, but what they do require is priceless and that is time.  Your time.

Yes, they need food, water, shelter, clothing, etc. to actually live but to thrive as individuals, they just need some of your time and attention. 

Between swim time, making hot cocoa from scratch, tickle wars and various other crafting, my kids and I got a lot of time where we were just together.

Through your time and attention, kids learn confidence, empathy, working as a team, following directions, love and the ability to make mistakes and be ok with it.

I have to take the time while I can.  Even though baseball just ended, football already starts this coming week.  Not to mention the upcoming wedding, work projects and school starting in about two weeks.

This mama is getting ready for Exhaustion 101, but I am up for the challenge.  As long as I get Nutella laden kisses from my daughter, massages from my oldest son and ear to ear grins with excitement about football from my younger son.  Of which, I got plenty of those this weekend.  So I'm good.

Blue Maxi Dress (worn as a skirt)-Kohl's; AC/DC tee-thrifted; Saddle Oxfords-Payless; Studded Bracelets-Kohl's; Jeweled Bracelet-gifted; Hoop Earrings-really old  

Don't Forget!

About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

Also, my absolute favorite sponsor, eShakti (remember this dress and this dress?) is also offering 10% off to you lucky Frannie Pantz readers as well by using the discount code  FR24SXN through July 31, 2012.  This can even be used in addition to the 40% off sale they are already offering on some items!  Cha ching! 

So go buy sumpin purty.

1 comment:

  1. cute outfit.adore the saddle shoes!
    you need some cute little white socks to go with them:) that is how I wear mine

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs