July 24, 2012

Plan B


MusicPlaylist

First off, sorry to all of you who expected to rock yesterday and were surprised with a blank space where the Devil Wears Prada's version of Still Fly should have been.  YouTube was being a pain in my ass.  But I think I fixed it now. 

Monday nights during the summer are usually Patrick and I's date nights.  Kaden goes to my mom's house for the night and we usually do something.  

Unfortunately my mom is stuck down in Colorado Springs with a car that first broke down and before it could be towed was involved in an accident.  Ay yi yi.  Needless to say, she was not able to do any Kaden duty.

Bummer.  But no matter.  We were just gonna hang out and enjoy the no-more-baseball-games/practices-no-Insanity evening.  But then my little brother called out of the blue . . . .

Let me back up by saying that my little brother is an amazing musician.  Really, he's good.  And for my walk down the aisle, I am going to have him play an acoustic version of one of my favorite songs.

Well, he wanted to come over and play said song for me and let me know how it would sound.  And, he offered to make dinner also!

So my brother came over and made BOMB enchiladas.  And he did the dishes.  And he played a variety of music for us on his guitar.  And then we played Scrabble and watched a movie.  

So, we had someone else make dinner for us . . . we didn't have to clean up . . . we got a front row seat to an amazing music show . . . played games . . . and caught a movie . . . sounds like a damn good date night to me!

How sweet is my brother?  I was so blown away and appreciative of him.   I love my family so much!

Some couples think of date night and they see restaurants and movie theaters or plays or concerts or something semi-elaborate and fancy.  But for Patrick and I, we are pretty content with the simple things.

In closing, I am feeling very appreciative tonight.  For my brother who went out of his way to do something very nice.  For Patrick who can appreciate the small gestures as much as I do.  And for enchiladas.  Because they are amazing.

  Mint Colored Short Sleeved Blouse-Style & Co., thrifted; Graphic Print A-Line Skirt-Worthington, thrifted; Snakeskin and Studded Heels-gifted; Earrings-DIY and gifted; Watch-gifted; Belt-Kohl's; Necklace-gifted

WAIT!!!!

Sorry.  Not quite done.  I forgot (for three days in a row . . .) to mention something SPECTACULAR to you guys.  So, I got two emails this last weekend from two of my favorite companies . . . 

One was from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

Also, my absolute favorite sponsor, eShakti (remember this dress and this dress?) is also offering 10% off to you lucky Frannie Pantz readers as well by using the discount code  FR24SXN through July 31, 2012.  This can even be used in addition to the 40% off sale they are already offering on some items!  Cha ching! 
So go buy sumpin purty.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you two would up with an awesome date night after all! I love that teal on you - makes you look so tan!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs