January 26, 2012

On the Fly



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Even though the photos of this outfit came out under my expectations, I was actually quite taken with it.  I loved the casual (and comfy!) vibe with the shoes and the mix of bright colors and dark neutrals. 

So, Patrick's birthday is on Sunday.  Last year I threw him an epic surprise party.  Epic.  For his thirtieth.  This year, I think, we are planning something a little more low key.

My birthday is eight days after Patrick's.  This makes it convenient on several levels.  One of which is that we can kind of group our presents together.  

This year we've opted to, in lieu of buying each other a gift, we are going to take a little weekend away.  We're not sure where we're going yet, but it will be away and relaxing.  Now that's what I'm talking 'bout.

So, my younger kids will be going to their dad's this weekend and will not be around for Pat's birthday.  We had several appointments and chores to do after I got off of work (like usual), one of which was to get milk at the store.  

On our way to the dairy section, we passed by some cakes in the bakery.  Suddenly, my kids had a great idea.  We would get a cake for Patrick to surprise him with it when he got home.  

On Tuesdays and Thursdays Patrick has appointments with his personal trainer and gets home on the later side, so even though we didn't get home until 7, we still had plenty of time to prep our surprise.  

The kids decorated the cake, we got candles and we hid it in the microwave.  When Patrick got home, we were just sitting down to dinner.  So, we sat down and had dinner as usual.  I had prepped the kids several times (especially my daughter) about the importance of keeping the cake a surprise for Patrick until after dinner.

After dinner, I asked Brielle to take Patrick downstairs to her room to "show him something" so that I could take the cake out and light the candles.  After repeatedly asking why, I finally convinced her to do it.  Next thing I hear is Brielle telling Patrick "Patrick-come down stairs with me." Patrick-"why?" Brielle-"Because we are making a surprise for you."  Oh well, at least the cake was good.  I mean really, she held out as long as she could.  

Zipper Chocolate colored Sweater-Kohl's; Plaid Shirtdress-Kohl's; Mustard Tights-Target; Canvas Flats-BUM, thrifted; Earrings and Cuff-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs