January 29, 2012

Gold Member



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

You guys.  It was windy as a mother today.  My bangs look like I hairsprayed them all crazy.  I assure you I did not.  But all the pictures make me look like my hair should be in a 1990's Glamour Shots promo.

Yesterday I spent a day with the girls, aka three of my four bridesmaids: my sister Sammie, my cousin (who might as well be my sister as she lived with us a good part of high school) Tina and my brother's girlfriend Ginestra.  Pat's sister is my other bridesmaid (well, I have two more, but they are male), but she was at work.

We were on the hunt for bridesmaid dresses.  I am having each of my female bridesmaids pick out their own dress in a specific shade.  I feel it maintains their individuality while keeping a sense of unity.  At any rate, we did a lot of shopping.

Some of the shopping was wedding related.  We found a dress for Ginestra, Sammie already got hers and we found the perfect shoes for all my girls.  So, yes, in this respect we kept our game faces on.

In another realm, however, you have four mothers who rarely get girl time anymore, credit cards, sales and time to kill.  So, some of our shopping eyes did wander a bit . . .

Case in point: these amazing gold metallic jeans.  I have been eyeing these all over the place on blogs and wanted a pair soooo bad.  But I couldn't get over the $80 price tag.  Lucky for me, I found these little beauties for much, much lower than that. 

Also, the white peacoat above?  I got that on super clearance for $12.  $12!!!!  And in a lovely shade of white.  So classic. 

Also, today was Pat's birthday, so what better excuse to break out some sparkly legs?   We went to dinner the the Old Spaghetti Factory in D-town.  (In Denver?  Never been?  Go.)  Then we went to satisfy our sweet teeth at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, where I had the world's best caramel apple (with pecans) of my life.  It was fantastic.  Happy birthday my Love!

Speaking of awesome, I got a fifteen age Wal-Greens employee to think I was a witch doctor today.  Let me back up . . .  I went to the Wall today to pick something up really quick.  The cashier had the hiccups.  "Sorry," he said, "guess I got the hiccups."  Me-"What's your middle name?" (not looking up from the credit card machine) Him (confused)-"David."  Me (looking up to grab my bag) "See if they go away now."  Him-silence, no hiccups, look of astonishment and fear simultaneously.  Me-silently put on sunglasses, grab bag and leave.   

Gray Blazer-gifted; White Tee-Mudd; Gold Metallic Skinny Jeans-JCPenney; Studded Moto Boots-Forever 21; Heart Cutout Bangle-gifted; Earrings-gifted by Pat; Necklace-vintage from Grandma

1 comment:

  1. Oh Frannie, what cool pants. I looked at them at JCP, but they were all too small for me. I want them to go with what I have on today! I guess all the manufacturers think plus size old ladies shouldn't wear them!
    You look fab in them.

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs