January 23, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Crocheted Maxi

I came home from our family vacation a few years ago to this pretty crocheted maxi skirt that my mom had found at a garage sale.  I loved the pretty rust color and the fact that it was crocheted made it extra special for me.

I have no idea what she paid for it.  But since she gave it to me in August of 2011, I've worn it a total of 6 documented times.  Even if she paid a "high end" garage sale price of $10 or so, that would make the price per wear less than $2.  So . . . a worthwhile investment.  And a fun piece to break out in nearly any season.

Top Left to Right-1, 2, 3
Bottom Left to Right-1, Now, 3

I love my boys.  And I love having boys.  And if this baby turns out to be a boy, I will be so glad.  But there is something about having a daughter.  It is so special.

After having two boys, I was elated to learn that I was going to have a little girl.  I immediately went into frilly, pink, tutu, pigtail mode with glee.  As she developed a personality from infant to preschooler, however, it became apparent that she wasn't really a girly girl.

She rarely let me touch her hair.  She would prefer jeans or pants to a skirt any day.  She had no interest in dolls.  Getting dirty was fun for her.  Obviously, I love her as is and I would never try to change that about her.  But it did bum me out a little bit only because I really had looked forward to doing girly things with her.

But now as she gets older, she has changed her tune a bit.  She loves doing her nails and ever since she got her ears pierced in October, she is all about the earrings and jewelry.  She always wants to borrow my earrings and necklaces.  And she has grown a great love as of late for tall boots, dresses and shoes.  It has been really exciting!

Until, that is, I got a taste of my own medicine yesterday morning.  Brielle had a minor meltdown in the morning and told me that she couldn't possibly go to school without pink shoes to match her tights.  And also she needed some grey tights.  And also she wanted to go shopping as soon as possible to look at all the ballet flats at H&M.

That's my daughter all right.

Crocheted Maxi Skirt-Rave and gifted; Jeweled Sweatshirt-Old Navy; Leopard Print Wedges-Naughty Monkey, gifted; Earrings-gifted; Mirrored Aviator Sunnies-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs