December 26, 2012

Think, Then Speak




 So a couple of weeks ago, I needed to buy a lighter (don't even give me that look).  I stopped by a gas station.

It was in the midst of holiday extravaganza, there was a long line.  It was busy.  But I waited patiently for my turn.

By the time I got up to the register, I'd all but lost track of time.  Of course, they had the lighters behind the counter.  The cashier asked me which kind of lighter I wanted.

Without thinking, I asked her what kind she had.  What can I say?  When I hear there are options, I need to contemplate colors, patterns, what nots, you know?

Immediately, I realized my mistake.  Here there were a freakish amount of customers in line and I'm taking my sweet time picking out a freaking lighter.  "Oh, nevermind," I say, "just give me whatever."

Apparently, there were others that were not amused.  "Oh no!" a guy screamed behind me "Please take your time!  You gotta choose the right one!"

Being one to always take my sarcastic nature to the next level for the impatient and otherwise unkind general public, I decided to do just that.  As the woman pulled the little crate to my view, I spotted a Support the Troops Air Force lighter right away.

"Oh!  My husband is deployed right now, so I guess this will be perfect!" I exclaim.  The cashier immediately got a smile on her face.  "Oh bless your heart.  Thank you.  It's the family that makes some of the biggest sacrifice.  I appreciate it," she gushes.

So the moral of this story is--you never know.  Be careful with your words and your actions.  You never know the battles that others are facing.  Sure, you might be waiting an extra 120 seconds in a gas station line, but there might be someone else that is missing someone over the holidays.  Chose your words wisely.

Striped Sweater-Banana Republic, thrifted; Crocheted Rust Maxi-Rave, thrifted and gifted; Suede Buckle Boots-Forever 21; Necklace-Kohl's; Cuff-Kohl's; Earrings-Kohl's 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs