April 11, 2013

Thursday Mixer--Denim Vest

I wouldn't say that I jumped on the denim vest bandwagon.  It was more like a flying leap.  I immediately saw it as a versatile piece in my closet.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find any in the thrift shops to save my life.  Good thing there is an abundance of denim jackets at thrift stores and I don't want to brag or anything but I am pretty good with a pair of scissors.

And, again not to brag, but my premonition of how versatile this vest would be was spot on.  I've only had it since July and it has been documented at least six times since.

Top Left to Right: 1, Now, 3
Bottom Left to Right: 1, 2, 3

Today was pretty freaking awesome.  There weren't many reasons in particular why it was freaking awesome, but I can think of one in particular off the top of my head. 

So my boss is supposed to be on vacation for about a week and a half.  But this morning, he stopped in to work just to give me the 1,000 Vegan Recipes Cookbook  that I was talking about with his wife the day before.  It even had a big red bow on it!

He and his wife are vegans.  My family is not vegans, but I have to say I have quite enjoyed cooking new dishes for my family and I.  I enjoy going to the grocery store like I never have before.  I even found out that Sprouts is the best store on the planet! 

And, I finally hit a home run with a dish the kiddos loved the other night--Mustard Crusted Tofu Strips!  After weeks of arguing and whining with them about our new diet plan, they were pleased.  They loved it!  This brings our bragging count in this post to three . . .  

Brown and Black Striped Polo Shirt Dress-thrifted; Denim Vest-Christopher & Banks, DIY and thrifted; Sequined Oxfords-thrifted; Earrings-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs