April 13, 2013

To Market To Market


Today was the day. The day that Patrick and I have waited for for weeks.  Today was the first Saturday that we were able to go to the Farmer's Market for the first time.

Last weekend was the first Saturday it was open, but we were low on cash and Patrick had drill.  So today we were going to make it a point to head down there and check it out.

Can you believe I've lived in Longmont, Colorado for more than half of my life and had never been to the Farmer's Market?  I knooooooow!  I was really psyched. 

It's true.  The Farmer's Market is more expensive than the grocery store, but you guys.  It was sooooooo good.  There are samples everywhere of gluten free, organic goodness ranging from pies to pesto, from hot sauce to pasta sauce, from granola to goat cheese.  All locally grown.  All delicious. 

I was, of course, disappointed in the weather.  It was supposed to be nearly 70 today and, well, it certainly didn't feel like it.  But dammit, I was determined not to wear tights and bare my legs. 

I also wore these awesome earrings that Patrick's dad's friend made for me.  He makes them out of deer antlers that he finds shed in the forest.  He carved humming birds into these ones, which were my grandmother's favorite animal. 

And, yes, I'm wearing this thrifted Free People cardigan again, but I couldn't resist a nod to the primary color wheel, an extra light layer and some coverage for the shirtdress. 

If you are in the Longmont area and want to visit the Farmer's Market, I highly suggest you do so.  You can find more information about it here.  Or find out where the Farmer's Markets are in your area and go.  You will not be disappointed. 

Red Crocheted Duster Cardigan-Free People, thrifted; Chambray Shirtdress-thrifted; Mustard Belt-Kohl's; Mustard Suede Moccasins-Target; Straw Woven Tote-thrifted; Fedora-K-Mart; Bangles-Kohl's; Antler Hummingbird Carved Earrings-DIY and gifted 

In case you were interested, and I'm sure you are, here are some photos I took just playing around for you to feast your eyes on:






No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs