April 3, 2013

Mission #5, Day 3

These were taken yesterday on a very dreary, rainy, blech day.  I decided to chose the comfort route while still trying to summon the spring gods and what nots with pastels.  But I did sport the polka dots for this week's Mission Week.

My summoning must have worked because today was GORGEOUS.  PS-I had to buy this sweater at Target in an emergency because this sweater, i.e. one of my faves, became victim to a space heater (don't ask).

So the vegetarian thing is going phenomenal, since you asked.  Last night we decided to take it to a whole new level.  We bought a juicer.

Patrick's actually been wanting one for a long time now, but I always shrugged it off as another gadget that he "needed" that we would never use (he has a tendency to be a bit impulsive and is a salesman's dream customer).  But after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, we were sold. 

It's important to point out here that Kaden, my 12 year old, has been the biggest antagonist in the vegetarian diet.  To his credit, it's all my fault.  I had him at 18.  I was a poor single mother.  So that meant his diet consisted largely of frozen pizza, corn dogs, mac and cheese and other horrible "meals."  By the time I was actually cooking what I thought to be nutritious food, he was already programmed to like crap food.

So Pat bought the juicer.  He took Kaden with him to the store to pick out a table full of fruits and veggies.  He taught him how to chop the produce and put it in the juicer.  We made our first juice, cheers-ed it up and took our first drink.  Kaden's face lit up.  "Mom, I think I like being a vegetarian now."  LOL  He's on spring break right now.  I came home from work today to find the kitchen in disarray.  But it was all due to fruits and veggies and the juicer.  So, I will chalk this up to a success.

Polka Dot Chambray Button Down-Marshall's; Mint Sweater-Target; Pastel Pink Trousers-Banana Republic, thrifted; Suede Camel Wedges-Target; Watch-gifted; Earrings-DIY and gifted

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs