August 23, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Skinny Cargos


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Ladies, it's that time again.  I have yet again chosen a fave in my closet that has had many more than three wears.  I super duper heart my skinny cargos.  

Top Left to Right-1 (wow, that's an oldie), 2, 3
Bottom Left to Right-1, 2, 3  

Bloggers and lovers of clothes in general will tell you that the favorite pieces in their closet come with a memory or an event or a feeling.

You know what I think of when I wear these skinny cargos?

First of all, I got these right before I took the plunge into blogging.  I saw them around the blogosphere and just fell in love with the look.

Fast forward a month or so later, Patrick had to go get jeans and he wanted me to go (he loves when I pick out clothes for him).  This of course meant that I got to pick out a lil sump-sumpin.  

Lo and behold, there they were.  On clearance.  In my size.  *raises hands to sky and starts singing*

So I have Patrick to thank for these precious gems.  The shape, the practicality, the pockets and the color.  I have worn these things to death and I show no signs of slowing down.  Especially with fall on the horizon.

It also reminds me of Bob.  I even did a post on his take on these lovelies in #2 on the bottom row.  He was in the army in the 70's you see.  And he used to wear a variation of these pants in the service.

He said all they used to say on the tag were Olive Drab Green.  They were nicknamed ODGreens.  Now every time I wear them, I think of that.

Today I went a little "bolder" with my cargos with a striped tee and leopard flats.  But because it was a work day (blech), I added the blazer to ground it.

Be sure to send me your Bachlorette Party looks for my link-up party by tomorrow-ish and don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple giveaway that I'm hosting!

 Striped Tee-thrifted; Short Sleeved Blazer-thrifted; Skinny Cargos-Kohl's; Leopard Flats-Payless; Elephant Cuff-vintage; Necklace-gifted

Don't Forget!!!

About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

Annnnnnnd one of my absolute favorite sponsors, eShakti (remember this dress and this dress?) is AGAIN offering 10% off to you lucky Frannie Pantz readers as well by using the discount code  FR24SXN through August 31, 2012.  This can even be used in addition to the 40% off sale they are already offering on some items! 

So go buy sumpin purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs