August 3, 2012

Ready or Not . . . Here Comes Mama



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Current Mountain Time: 10:07 p.m.  It should be noted that I am sitting down for the first time since 6:45 this morning.  Please allow me to do some mundane complaining followed by a sprinkling of exhaling.   Patrick is out of state at a funeral.  I've had his help for so long now (he is seriously the best partner ever) that I forgot what it was like to be a single parent again . . .

I cannot express to you how much work has been busting my tired ass lately.  To sum it up, the following conversation was had with Daryl and I:

Daryl races down the stairs on his way from one meeting to another: "Do we have a razor blade anywhere?"  (He was suddenly wanting to remove some names from our door)
Me with wit like the quickness: "I've been asking myself that all day."*

*For the record, I understand and am compassionate toward the issue of suicide.  Very much so.  I have lost friends (plural) to the tragedy of suicide.  I understand the repercussions that suicide can bring to families and friends.  But, I have a dark sense of humor.  And a slight intolerance and impatience for constant states of panic and demand on a Friday. 

From eight hours of insane run around, I took off home to grab Kaden and the neighbor boy (also on his team) to take them to football practice.  After dropping them off, I drop up to get my younger kids (in a town 45 minutes away).  Then, I dropped them off at my mom's to attend a parents only meeting for Conner's football team.  I was able to stay for an hour only to rush out of that meeting to pick up Kaden from football practice.  We stopped by home for him to change and darted back out the door to take him to my mom's.

The kids haven't had a night at Nana's house in a looooooong time.  And my mom promised Brielle last weekend that she could spend the night at her house tonight.   Oh, and tomorrow I am serving my community service for eight hours while my mom takes the kids to Eliche's or Six Flags or whatever they are calling themselves now. 

I hung out for a little while to actually get some time with my kids (along with my mom, her fiance, my brother, his girlfriend, her daughter, my brother's lifelong best friend and his daughter).  But not too long because I had to come home, do the dishes that I've been avoiding, the laundry that I've been avoiding, do an Insanity workout (by the by, Recovery Week has been anything but) and now sit down to blog.

So what does a woman with no kids and no fiance for the evening do with her time?  Well, pop in a classic chic flick, my absolute favorite of all time with more fabulous one-liners than any other movie of all time of course.  And that movie, of course is To Wong Fu Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar.  Hence the title.  I fuuuuuuuuuucking looooooooooove this movie.

So while I was at work, I gave a call to Habitat for Humanity Restore where I will be serving my time tomorrow.  I needed to double check that it was still going to work for me to go and to ask the quintessential style blogging question:

"So what should I wear?"
*short pause.  exhale.*  "Welp, you're gonna be cleaning. A lot of cleaning.  I'd say nuttin' you don't want getting ripped, dirty, stained or wet."

Fuck.  I guess I gotta go shopping . . .

Man.  I do not know what the fuck (sorry, it's the word de jour) I am going to do this when Patrick gets deployed in October/November (he's in the Air Force).  Seriously.  Conner's practices are going to be Monday through Thursday.  Kaden's practices are Tuesday through Friday.  And both boys are in Kumon.  And school starts in 13 days.  Fuck.  

I remember single parenting.  I remember it well.  I took on three kids, full time school and working 30 hours a week as a single parent for two years.  And before that, I was a single mother of Kaden working 45 hours a week.  

Everything is on you.  Chores, chaperoning, shuffling, attending, playing.  It is exhausting.  Today I have two things to say: Props to all the single parents out there, #1.  #2--I am the luckiest person on the planet to have Patrick around.  You don't realize how much you rely on someone until they are not there. 

I highly doubt I will be wearing anything cute tomorrow.  In fact, I will probably be drenched in mop water, cobwebs and a slight musk.  But, after watching this drag queen fabulousity of a movie, I would love to dress up tomorrow.  In fact, I'd say it should be a "say something hat day."  Thanks Vida.

 Coral Dress with Peter Pan Collar-Marshall's; Gold Skinny Belt-thrifted; Horse Hair Giraffe Print Peep Toes-BCBG, gifted; Necklace as a Bracelet-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-gifted
 
Don't Forget!

About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

So go buy sumpin purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs