August 9, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Basic Shirtdress


MusicPlaylist

Though I can only find two posts in which I wore this basic khaki colored shirt dress, trust me when I tell you that this has been a major workhorse in my wardrobe.  


 I wore it on this early summer day to go to work with some sassy accessories like my strappy red sandals and black leather vest.  Aw!  This is one of my earlier posts when I was scared to leave my house to take photos outside!  Those days are over . . .


 This dress's simplicity is a perfect blank canvas for accessories.  Here I added a leopard cuff, silky red scarf and knotted cognac booties.  Shown here in front of the Longmont Airport.  Yeah, we're big time over here . . .

Today called for funky accessorizing and included some mesh floral socks, nude pumps and a vintage costume necklace.

When I wasn't sitting amoungst groundhog (or prairie dog or gopher if you will . . . wait . . . aren't they the same thing?) holes, I was running around all the live long day.

But the best part of the day was catching up with the previous associate attorney Ben over lunch at Sweet Tomatoes (have you been?  No?  Then go.  Now.)

Ben is one of those amazing people who just makes you feel awesome and pumped up about yourself after you hang out with him.  Until now, he didn't really know about the ole blog.  It's cool.  I gave him a card.  So, Ben, if you're reading this--hey gurl!  Se-cur-ity!

It feels so weird that tomorrow is Friday.  It feels even weirder that this is the last weekend of my kids' summer vacation.  What the . . . .?  Where did the summer go?

By next week, my oldest baby will be a middle schooler.  Middle.  School.  I can't believe it.  And my baby baby will be a kindergartener.  And my middle baby will be a second grader.  That's right.  All my babies be in school now.  I'm getting old.

Life with kiddos that age is tough.  They have friends, activities, homework, sports, clubs and birthday parties.  

It's so strange to think about the stages of children.  You have babies and you think it is way harder than older kids because you have to change them and feed them and carry them around in that "baby bucket" car seat thing and do everything for them.  But they are easily entertained, don't talk back and are usually generally happy.  They get older and they start to get this personality and you can actually talk with them.  They start to gain independence and you eventually get out of the need for you to do so much for them.  Bottom line: kids are hard work at any age or stage.  But they are always worth it.

Speaking of parents, my poor mother's car is yet again out of commission (the strangest story you will ever hear, trust me).  Luckily, we live really close and work even closer, so I just give her a ride to and from work everyday.  She thinks she's being a pain, but I love the extra time with her.  When I picked her up, she was wearing the cutest sundress and sky blue blazer:

She told me that she had brought an extra dress with her to work in case she wanted to change.  "Why would you want to do that???"  I ask.  She told me that perhaps she was too old to wear these patterns.  Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?  She looked so cute and totally age appropriate!  She is such a cutie!  Help me tell her she's crazy.  She reads this you know . . .

  Khaki Shirt Dress-F21, thrifted; Mesh Floral Socks-thrifted NWT; Nude Pumps-Vera Wang; Necklace-vintage from Grandma

Don't Forget!


About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

So go buy sumpin purty.

1 comment:

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs