August 14, 2012

Monochromatic or Dressing in One Color for the Lay Person


MusicPlaylist

This month's challenge from Every Body Every Wear is Monochromatic.  Upon first thought, I was going to go one color on one color, but then I realized something.

Black is a color.  And I have been digging the all black I've seen in the upcoming fall looks.  I'm a color lover, so all black was really a challenge for me. 

As you can see, I kind of cheated.  Just a little bit.  The beads on the bottom of these cigarette pants are red as are the heels of my sandals.  And there is a little bit of leopard on the platform, but who's counting?

Besides the usual run around tonight, my daughter had back to school night for kindergarten.  I swear I'm gonna just lose it when my last baby starts school on Thursday.

So I want to discuss something with y'all.  Wedding registries.  I've been getting asked left and right about gift registries.  "Where are you registered?"

Patrick and I are not registered anywhere.  We are two grown adults and while we are far from the home of our dreams and therefore seriously lacking motivation to dress it up at all, we have everything that we need.

We don't need blenders or toasters or bedding.  We could, however, use some gift cards for the future.  Or . . . you know . . . cash to help us pay for the wedding.

But it's not politically correct to say that.  Or put it on the invitation.  Not only that, but you would be surprised how many people will not settle for anything less than a gift--even if they know we already have one.

So what's a girl to do?  I mean really.  I can't decide what bath decor I'm going to have in my "real house" when Patrick and I can buy one now!  And I don't want to go registering for a bunch of appliances that we don't need.

Those of you who have been married and/or have been to a wedding--what gives with the freaking registry all ready and how do I handle this?

 Beaded Cigarette Pants-Sharagano Paris, thrifed; Top-Kohl's; Sandals-Payless; Heart Cuff-gifted; Earrings-gifted


Don't Forget!!!

About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

Annnnnnnd one of my absolute favorite sponsors, eShakti (remember this dress and this dress?) is AGAIN offering 10% off to you lucky Frannie Pantz readers as well by using the discount code  FR24SXN through August 31, 2012.  This can even be used in addition to the 40% off sale they are already offering on some items! 

So go buy sumpin purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs