August 10, 2012

Gear Down Big Shifter


MusicPlaylist

I blame this country club girl gone bad look on two things--one amazing fall inspiration pouring from the magazine racks . . . in August . . . when pants are just a dream in this frickin' heat.  And two, this fabulous look from Christine the other day. 

Last night as Patrick and I were doing our Insanity workout (seriously, month two--you can kiss my grits), I started to feel . . . not so hot.  I was nauseated, dizzy, sweaty (duh) and my chest hurt really badly.  I thought it was from the workout but . . .

This morning it was still there when I woke up.  And I went to work to try to tough it out, but it kept getting worse.  I was starting to think I was having a heart attack or something (no joke, I even Googled the symptoms), so I went to Urgent Care.

Turns out, my body has had an overload of stress, a lack of sleep and just all in all too much shit going on.  I have an ulcer.  And it sucks just as badly as it sounds.  I am going to be taking medicine (for eight weeks!!!!) and I am supposed to try to get some more sleep and relax.

Ha!  A wedding in a month?  Three kids starting school, tutoring and football?  Bills piling up for aforementioned wedding and life and back to school?  Grandfather in the hospital?  Work being busier than ever?  Insanity workouts?  Designing the new logo for the firm?  Yeah Ramone.  That'll happen.  

But I thought about it a little bit.  There are some ways in which I indulge myself and try to keep myself centered.  They are little things, but here is what I plan to do more of in the next few weeks . . .

Painting my nails.  I know it sounds trivial, but you can usually tell how busy I've been by how chipped my nail polish is.  I try to keep up with it, but sometimes it goes for weeks without a fresh coat.  When you paint your nails, you are pretty much helpless for about 5 minutes whilest they dry.  That's where I can get some down time.

Tanning.  I know, not the healthiest thing, but I have been opting for spray tans in lieu of the bed.  I am a naturally dark skinned person in general, but it isn't the vanity of the tanned skin that brings me to the salon.  It's the peace and quiet and warmth (well in the bed, but not so much the spray) of 12 uninterrupted minutes.

More magazines.  It is purely a guilty pleasure of probably nearly every blogger to have a heap of fashion magazines at arm's reach.  Usually, this is me.  Flipping through page after page of glorious tactile lusting.  Lately, not so much.  I have not awarded myself with the $4 splurge nor the 20 minute splurge of doing so.  I think I should start that again.

Baking with my kids.  I love baking.  Always have.  In fact, when I was in kindergarten and they ask you what you want to be when you grow up, my answer was a baker.  Growing up poor, we didn't ever have much.  But for an extra treat, my mom would bake with us.  All from scratch.  My kids love baking with me and it is a great stress reliever.  Plus, who doesn't love liking the beater?

Watching girly movies.  I really can't say when the last time was that I zoned out on TV or a movie without simultaneously doing wedding crafts or blogging or cleaning.  Not since we finished Season 3 of SOA to be exact.  I really need some Carrie Bradshaw in my life.

Keep working out and drinking water.  It's a small but significant step that I've taken recently in my life and though it is hard and I am just baaaaarely seeing the benefits of it, I really love it.  It is a time for Patrick and I to do something together and a way to relieve stress.  And, it also helps to have Patrick by my side.  He is the best.  

Plaid Bootleg Trousers-Wal-Mart; Short Sleeved Button Down Chambray Blouse-Style & Co., thrifted; Saddle Oxfords-Payless; Watch-Patrick's; R Necklace-K-Mart 

Don't Forget!

About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

So go buy sumpin purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs