May 5, 2012

Win Some Lose Some



MusicPlaylist

 You guys.  I am spent.  I woke up at the butt crack of dawn today to go meet my cousin and soon-to-be sister-in-law (wow that's a lot of hyphens) at Macy's to go dress shopping for bridesmaid dresses. 

Let me tell you what.  This is getting pretty dang exhausting.  I swear to God we have been scouring the Northern Colorado area for some beige/champagne/taupe/cappuccino/whathaveyou dresses for months.  And we're not picky!  We've been to department stores, we've been to thrift stores, we've been to bridal shops.  And we come up empty handed.

Buuuuut my soon-to-be sister-in-law brought along my soon-to-be niece (even more hyphens) and we happened to find great flower girl outfits.  We had her model one and it is damn adorable.  Even in my colors!  And, the store that we bought them from was having a 40% off sale.  Yup.

After shopping with my ladies, I was supposed to bring a clothing rack to my sister's thrift store for her to use in a sidewalk sale today.  But by the time I got done with chore #1, it was unfortunately too late to swing by.  She was all right with it though. 

So last week when I was eyeing JCP for some bridesmaid dresses (I tell you this shit is never ending), I found the cutest jumpsuit ever.   Unfortunately, for $45, it was not the cutest price ever.

But I hadn't been able to get it off my mind (you all know how I love me a good jumpsuit).  Which, clearly, is a sign that I need it in my life.  Stat.  Post haste.  So . . .

While I was out and about on Mission Impossible, I ran into JCP just to make sure that I still wanted it.  Wouldn'tcha know it, they marked that beautiful s.o.b. down to $20!  Ca-ching!  Cash money!  

I found it in a 6.  It was a little big and I noticed that one of the sleeves was ripped a bit.  Blast!  I decided that if I found it in a 4, I would definitely go for it.  So I went back to the rack and there, in all its glory, was one.  size.  four.

I ran to the register like my life depending on buying this jumpsuit.  I get to the paying part only to realize . . . a large red ink stain on the pant leg.  Mother flip!  Soiled again.  

But the cashier, in all her splendor, uttered some very persuasive words.  "Do you want to order it online and have it shipped to the store?"  I thought for a minute.  It seemed a waste to go through all this trouble and end up without the one jumpsuit that will complete my life.  So I thought for a minute.  "Why, yes.  Yes I would."

But fear not, dear Frannie friends.  You all know that I use my savings from wedding crap to self indulge a smidge.   I feel no pain from this gain. 

No pain, that is except for exhaustion.  I ran my Frannie fanny off today--driving, shopping, more driving, more shopping.  

But I got to spend some time with some of the funnest ladies that I know.  Hands down.  I never cease to spend the day giggling, reminiscing and acting a fool.  And I love every dang minute of it. 

  Pleather Shorts-Lauren Conrad for Kohl's; Lock Printed Silk Blouse with Peter Pan Collar-Fun2Fun, thrifted; Heeled Sandals with Studded Hearts-Target; Handbag-Bebe, gifted; Cloche Hat with Leopard Trim-Target; Bangles-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs