May 16, 2012

Isn't It Ironic?


MusicPlaylist

 You know what is extremely ironic?  The above Alanis Morrisette song about irony is nothing of the sort.  Literally speaking, there is not a single bit of irony in the entire song--just strings of bad luck.  Just a little something to put in your back pocket . . .

Today Sharon at The Tiny Heart was talking about irony which, of course, got me thinking about ironic things.  This is what I came up with:

Yesterday I got stuck behind a Ford Focus at two different stop lights because they were not paying attention when it turned green.  You would think owners of a Focus would, you know, focus. 

As I left my car to take these photos, I stuck two AA batteries in my bra because I got an inkling that my camera was about to need new ones.  When I got back to my car, I found it kind of funny.  "Is that AAs in your bra?"  Then I realized, that was kind of a burn.  And kind of true.  

Sometimes I let my IPod run in my car on random through all the songs.  I mean, I'm not one to turn my nose up to Christmas music in the summer.  "This Little Light of Mine" came on and I realized how much I love that song.  Which made me realize that there are a lot of gospel songs that I love, even though I am not religious in the slightest.  

I had to go pick up my son's prescription after work and drove by a psychic's office.  I always found it curious that they have hours of operation.  I mean, shouldn't they already know you're coming?

A few weeks ago, my {lovely} ex included a burn about my oldest son needing tutoring because of a learning disability he has in an email to me.  And then misspelled and/or misused about four words. 

I am kind of afraid to mention this next one, because it might jinx Patrick and I's chances of being millionaires, but since the probability is so high, I'magonna . . .

So several nights ago, I had a dream. In this dream, I was at a slot machine.  It should be noted that in nearly every dream I have for some reason, I am borderline blind and can only see blurs of outlines of things and people. 

Because I couldn't really see the screen on the slot machine, I just placed the highest bet.  I had $20 in my dream.  It is unclear how much I bet, but I ended up winning $3,498 in one spin.

Patrick and I have been buying random Powerball tickets since we got engaged hoping for a bad ass wedding.  We had never won anything on them before, but this last Saturday, we actually won.  $20.  And Patrick used that $20 to get $20 more in Powerball tickets for tonight.  I have not told him about this dream, but wouldn't it be ironic (and freaking awesome!) if we ended up winning $3,498 from it?  

  Striped Strapless Sundress-Charlotte Russe, thrifted; Light Yellow Scalloped Front Short Sleeved Button Up-J.Jill, thrifted; Hot Pink Strappy Sandals-Candie's, gifted; Earrings-DIY and gifted; Bracelets-vintage and DIY and gifted; Necklace-DIY and gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs