May 29, 2012

T.G.I.A.T.


MusicPlaylist

Thank Goodness It's Already Tuesday, eh?  Don't worry.  It'll catch on soon enough.

I think everyone must still be on holiday or in holiday mode because today le office was deader than a doornail Smalls. 

So, I was able to look up a few wedding DIYs.  The closer I get to this wedding, the more excited I am to see it all come together. 

I am not really a DIY connoisseur.  In fact, until I got engaged I didn't even own a hot glue gun.  I know, it's the astonishment of the century.  

But thus far, I've been able to DIY my flower girl baskets, my ring bearer box, several Mason jars for centerpieces and decoration, a card box and Save the Dates.  Not too shabby. 

And, if I do say so myself, they've come out rather nicely.  And I am a big fan of wedding DIYs for a couple of reasons. 

The first, obviously, is the expense.  I have three kids.  And though Patrick's mom and my mom are helping us a bit finance-wise, Patrick and I are mostly on our own as far as paying for the wedding.  I don't know how much I've saved by DIYing so far, but I'd imagine it's at least a couple of hundred dollars. 

More importantly, though, I love the unique and personal touch that DIYs give to a wedding.  Even if others are not impressed with my DIY handy work, I know that I put my own blood, sweat and tears into them and that means something. 

And it wasn't just me.  My daughter particularly took to helping me decorate tons of little mason jars with burlap and different ribbons.  And that in and of itself is special to me--having that bonding time with her. 

So even though it takes a lot of work and there is a lot more to be done with this wedding planning, I am confident that it will get done and even if it isn't the fanciest of affairs, it will be totally Patrick and I.  And really what more would you want in a wedding?

 Short Sleeved Chambray Button Up-Style & Co., thrifted; Black Pleated Midi Skirt-Isaac Mizrani, thrifted; Lace Up Sling Back Booties-Nine West, gifted; Leopard Scarf-vintage; Woven Tote-Fossil, thrifted; Earrings-Kohl's; Bangles-gifted
 
Don't forget to enter the eShakti giveaway!  It ends June 1!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs