October 30, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Black and White Striped Pencil Skirt

I bought this skirt on clearance almost immediately upon stumbling on it after I had Reilly.  It was stretchy, elastic waist and striped.  Done, done and done.  And on sale!  I knew it would be a perfect transition back into my old body while embracing my new body.

I paid $12 for it back in June and I've already worn it 5 documented times.  That makes the price per wear about $2.40.  And I anticipate wearing this at least 50 more times.  So, yeah, great investment.

1, 2, Now, 4, 5

If you follow me on Instagram (#andyoushouldduh), you've seen a few pictures lately of my niece, Anya.  She was born with Spina Bifida.  She is 8 years old and just had her fourth (I'm pretty sure) surgery--2 of which were within her first day of life.  She has exceeded every expectation ever placed on her by doctors and her spirit is beautiful.  She is caring, funny, sweet and beautiful.
I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of her.  She constantly has a warm and inviting heart.  She is so smart.  The kid literally makes friends everywhere she goes.  Everywhere.  She makes friends at my boys' football games.  She makes friends in line at the grocery store.  She makes friends at school.  She is amazing.

Well while she was at the hospital this last time, she visited the media room.  I thought it was a real news story, but actually it is a room set up to look like a newsroom.  They have broadcasts and reporters and everything.  Anya was there waiting to be discharged and, well, of course stole the show. 

I've watched this video no less than 8 times.  And every time it makes me smile.  I love this little girl.

 

Cropped Plaid Blazer-thrifted; Black and White Striped Pencil Skirt-Target; Black Tank-Old Navy; Heeled Saddle Oxfords-Charlotte Russe; Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Necklace-Empowerment Circle of Support from Avon

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs