October 24, 2014

Mission #44, Day 5--Socks Over Tights

Layering socks over your tights is not only a great layering trick for the cooler weather, but it is also a great way to spice up your tights (there's that saying again . . . should I patent it?).  It also works when you randomly stumble upon an ever so fall-y random hay bale for your outfit photos, no?

 Speaking of random, a week or so ago my daughter and I found ourselves in Target.  I believe we were getting something for the Halloween party or something but we were on a specific mission and I was trying to stay on said mission without detouring.

We walked very quickly by the shoes and I kept my eyes forward.  "Come on Brielle," I said.  "No shoes for mommy right now.  We're on a budget!"  She giggled a little and let it go.

Fast forward to a week ago when Brielle was at dance class.  Her teacher complimented me on my heels.  I thanked her and went to leave.  But then Brielle says "My mom can't buy anymore shoes.  She is on a budget.  And she already has like a lot of shoes."  Then my niece, also in my daughter's dance class, chimed in.  "Yeah, she seriously has like 200 pairs of shoes."

Kids.  Hilarious.  Observant.   Unfiltered.

Lace Dress-c/o Goodwill Shop and Swap; Black Tights-Kohl's; Polka Dot Socks-Target; Grey Cardigan-thrifted; Wide Cognac Belt-gifted; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted; Necklace-gifted; Studded Booties-Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs