October 13, 2014

Make it Monday #5--#MyCosmoStyle

I was recently contacted by Vegas.com and asked to showcase how I would transition a look through a day in Las Vegas while staying at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.  As you all know, I love a good style challenge.  And so here they are . . .

I started with the basics: a basic, versatile dress that can be casual or dressy.  I recently thrifted this dress.  It reminded me of the "naked" Carrie Bradshaw dress.  I didn't fit into it when I thrifted it right after I had Reilly, but I do now (HOORAY!), so it was a no-brainer.  Not to mention, it would pack nicely in a suitcase as it doesn't wrinkle and is lightweight. I also added some basic jewelry.  You don't get more classic than diamond stud earrings and a delicate bracelet. 

Light Pink Dress-thrifted 

Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted

Love Bracelet-gifted by Mom

Look #1
Shopping at The Cosmopolitan

The Cosmopolitan boasts a plentiful shopping experience.  And, as a style blogger, the first place I'm going in Las Vegas is shopping (duh).  So I added a complementary cardigan over the dress.  This cardigan won't get too hot and can easily be thrown over the shoulders, tied around the waist or even thrown over your bag if you get too hot.

I added a fun tassel necklace for interest and kept the look laid back with my reading glasses.  For the bag, I wanted something that could keep me hands free, but small enough to not be burdensome while I search the racks. 

The obvious choice for footwear when walking around shopping in Las Vegas is flats.  So I chose some really cute ones that included the same colors as the rest of the outfit.  Simple, comfy and fun.  Perfect.

While I was out shopping, perhaps I would stop in for some brunch--this look would work for that as well.  Or maybe I would treat myself to a day at the Sahra Spa $ Hammam.

The possibilities are pretty endless with this simple look.

Floral Flats-Payless; Hot Pink Cardigan-thrifted; Bag-Nine West, thrifted; Tassel Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Glasses-Bebe

Look #2
Dancing at Marquee Nightclub

The lowest level of The Cosmopolitan is where the party is.  So  what better way to dance the night away than in a fun dress, a chic leather jacket, fun heels and a bold bag big enough the essentials--ID, phone and money.




Cognac Leather Jacket-Target; Leopard Print Heels-Target; Bag-CHI, thrifted; Mirrored Aviators-Target

Look #3
Dinner at Comme Ça

 The Cosmopolitan offers many places to eat that promise a fine meal and a lovely atmosphere.  For my dinner look, I chose to go with a bit fancier, more formal look to enjoy some French cuisine.

Black was an obvious accent to the dress, but sparkles add more fun and fancy, in my opinion.  A clutch, to me, always has a chic elegance to it.

And heels are a must for a fancy dinner.  These just so happen to match my blazer perfectly.  




Sequined Blazer-thrifted; Glitter Heels-Target; Clutch-Candie's; Necklace-c/o Uncommon Goods; Sunnies-shop in mall

I haven't been to Las Vegas since I was 21 and went with my best friend Matty.  While I don't see the ability to go again in my future any time soon, this challenge was such a fun one to pretend that I was on my way to a luxurious vacation.  And, bonus!  All three of these outfits would fit in a carry-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs