October 6, 2014

Mission #43, Day 1--JUMPSUITS!!!--Chambray Jumpsuits

Guess what has been trending for a couple of years now and will be the focus of Mission Week this week?  Yep--jumpsuits.  Hoo--ray.

Recently I hit a major post-pregnancy milestone--I was able to fit one of my rings back onto one of my still swollen fingers.  There are two rings I wear constantly--my wedding ring (obvi) and an amethyst ring.

The ring has a lot of sentimental value to me.  It was my grandmother's.  And then she gave it to my mom when she was 13.  And then my mom gave it to me when I was 13.  And I have worn it everyday (that my fingers haven't been swollen) since.

Well let me tell you a "never give up" kind of feel good story about this ring.  So one day several years ago I came back from a trip to Breckenridge to find that the amethyst in my ring had disappeared.

I was totally crushed.  That is, of course, the essence of the ring.  Not to mention, it is a real legit amethyst and therefore super expensive.  I had, of course, looked everywhere in my apartment for the gem and ultimately decided that it might have gotten lost in Breckenridge.

One day, while looking for the gem, I found a little purple jewel.  I thought that it was a part of Kaden's pirate Lego set, but something made me put it away in a safe place.  It looked way too small to be my amethyst.

Fast forward to a year or so later.  I randomly decided one day to try to see if the gem fit.  Guess what?  It did.  And it turns out that it wasn't a pirate Lego treasure.  It was the amethyst that I had lost a year or so prior.

And now the ring means even more to me than it did before.  And I really can't wait to pass it on to my daughter Brielle when she turns 13.

Chambray Jumpsuit-JCP; Denim Jacket-Lee; Wedge Sneakers-Sketchers; Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Watch-gifted
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs