October 22, 2014

Mission #44, Day 3--Textured and Patterned Tights

Another fun way to spice up your tights (maybe that's what I should've called the Mission . . . dammit!) is to wear neutral colored tights . .  in a pattern or with texture!  Fishnets are back in, but I haven't been able to make them "work appropriate" (except the nude version).  But striped and polka dot tights?  Totes approps.

The combination of this pumpkin-y colored dress and something I saw on my way to drop the kids off at school last week reminded me of a story from my childhood.  A story of sadness, betrayal and a thirst for revenge.  A story which I will share with you right now.

Driving the kids to school last week, we happened to drive by a dozen or so spread out pumpkins--smashed into the street.  And I got a small nostalgic tear in my eye.  For the pumpkins and for the kids who lost their pumpkins.

When  I was younger--probably about fifth or sixth grade--my pumpkin became victim to a pumpkin smashing.  To understand why this devastated me to the core, I have to explain that my sister and I were a very sentimental bunch.  Everything had feelings.  When we dropped a french fry or piece of candy on the sidewalk, we would place another next to it--so it wasn't lonely.

Well this just pissed me off.  So I made my pumpkin a grave with a headstone.  And on the headstone, there was a note.  A word of sorrow and warning to the alleged pumpkin smashers.  I don't remember the exact wording but I remember that vengeance was sought. I never caught the smasher, but I'm pretty sure that my note struck fear into their hearts.

Rust Dress (worn as a skirt)-vintage; Leopard Print Blouse-Forever 21; Tank-Banana Republic, thrifted; Black Knee High Boots-Charlotte Russe; Striped Tights-gifted; Earrings-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs