October 14, 2014

Share the Covers--All I Want is You

The original by U2 . . .

 

Here is the amazing cover by Vitamin String Quartet . . .

 

I know a lot of people aren't U2 fans (especially since that iTunes fiasco), but they are, were and always will be one of my favorite bands.  My parents used to listen to them all the time and I think that has something to do with it.  A bit nostalgic.  And my brother, who plays guitar, can do a lot of U2 songs and it makes me so happy.  And now that he is living with us temporarily, I get to hear them whenever I want.

Speaking of my brother, we were out thrifting a few weeks back when I saw one of the store clerks hold up possibly the most amazing pink, full tulle skirt I have ever seen.  As I was about to stalk it and make it my own, I heard her tell another (older) store clerk that she was so excited to purchase the skirt herself.

The older clerk gave the woman a disgusted look.  "You're 31, not 13.  I think your ballerina days are over," she told her.  Undefeated, the girl lovingly hung the skirt up behind the counter, fluffing out it's glorious ruffles.

Well guess what?  I'm not 13.  I'm 32.  I have never wanted to be a ballerina.  I own 5 tulle skirts.  I wear them on the regs.  And I think that is just fine.

You go thrift store cashier.  Do you.

Tulle Skirt-thrifted; Black Sweater-Kohl's; Gold Smoking Slippers-Target; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted; Glasses-Bebe

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs