August 28, 2014

Mission #40, Day 4--The Skater

Now this is something I would've worn in high school (or wanted to wear if I didn't have this weird obsession with not showing my legs--I refused to wear skirts or shorts one year all year.  I was a weird kid).  Skaters.  Punks.  Grunge.  Hanging out on smoker's corner, always late to class, in detention, drinking Mountain Dew--that was my crowd.

The skater was easy to spot.  They did not blend into the crowd.  They wore all black.  They wore bright colors.  They wore trench coats and plaid shirts and Jnco's.  They wore a hodgepodge of nonsensical noise.  And they didn't give a crap if you liked it or not. 

When I was in high school, tights were my jam.  I had SO.  MANY.  TIGHTS.  I had every color tights, knee highs and fishnets.  I had striped tights, camo tights, polka dot tights and tye dye tights.  Sometimes, I would layer my colored tights with different colored knee highs.

But, I wanted to be different.  And it was then I realized my love for fashion--even if it was warped and crazy.  I loved every minute of it.  Because even though I was extremely shy, I could express myself--my politics, my views, my loves, my hates--all through fashion.  

Plaid Button Down-thrifted; Black and White Striped Pencil Skirt-Target; Combat Boots-L.E.I.; Necklace-ICE and gifted; Mirrored Aviators-Target; Earrings-DIY and gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs