November 1, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Red Jeans


 

I bought these red jeans from a consignment shop about two years ago, and as you can see, I've clearly gotten a lot of wear out of them since the start of the blog:

Top Left to Right: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Bottom Left to Right: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 

The great thing about these jeans, looking back on these photos, is how many crazy emotions I have felt and how far these jeans have come with me.

They were there the day before I the last day I got to spend with Bob.  They were on me the day I got engaged.  They have been there when I needed something quick, comfy and versatile.

Full disclosure: it did not snow here today.  While I was out last week posting wedding photos, I still took my daily pictures and it had snowed last week.  So I actually have a backlog of outfits--does this mean I'm a real blogger now?

As we approach the day of Patrick's deployment, it hits me harder everyday.  Last night when my SIL was taking the kids home, she tells them to "tell Uncle Pat Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!" because he won't be here. 

When I dropped off the rent check today, the landlord told me that if I need anything while Patrick is gone, to make sure to let her know.

Tomorrow the kids and I are going down to the base to get our military IDs.  It's pretty crazy.  And it makes me pretty sad.

Especially when Patrick randomly picks up all of the kids from school tonight.  And makes sure to get their homework done.  And gets them ready for football practice.  And cleaned the whole house.

I feel like the luckiest wife ever and the unluckiest wife ever simultaneously.  It's a really strange feeling.

The thing I just have to keep remembering at this point is to really enjoy these last few days, take advantage of Patrick's amazing partnership and company and show all the appreciation that I have for him.  God I love this man.

 Red Jeans-vintage; Ruffled Blouse-New York & Co., thrifted; Polka Dot Scarf-vintage; Boots-Sketchers; Jacket-Kohl's; Belt-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs