November 14, 2011

That's MRS. Frannie Pantz to You!



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Yep.  I got engaged this weekend.  And you guys, not since the births of my children have I been so euphoric and you literally cannot wipe the smile off my face.  But we are going to Tarantino this adventure of mine.  As you might remember, Pat and I went to San Fran this weekend.  Saturday started with a walk on Baker Beach (in all honesty, partly for the ocean and partly because I was really hoping to catch a naked person in public . . . just to get it off the bucket list you know?)

See those rocks in the background there?  The waves were so gorgeous washing up over them that I had the great idea to go up on the rocks for a closer picture. 

We got a better look.  In truth, we got doused with salty ocean water.  Some nearby surfers looked at Pat and I, shaking our heads like "fucking tourists." 

Gold Sweater-Bentley, thrifted; Sheer Button Down-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Red Jeans-thrifted; Fedora-K-Mart; Leopard Scarf-thrifted; Tennies-Keds, thrifted; Earrings-gifted

Please note that I spent an hour straightening my hair this morning, and equally long on getting dressed, showering and putting on makeup just about an hour prior.  But, I had beach sand in my toes, a perfectly warm autumn day and I was in California with my honey.  Good thing I packed five outfits.  I used them all.  Seriously.  And changed into this in the car . . .

Chambray Button Down-Wal-Mart; Striped Polyester Turtleneck-Sears, thrifted; Pleated Mini-unknown; Orange and Gold heels-Nine West, gifted; Ring-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted

To go to Fisherman's Wharf where we walked around, shopped and snapped some great photos.  Then, we went out to the Golden Gate Bridge.  Patrick had told me to bring my tripod.  I didn't think much of it.  We decided we were getting hungry and opted to start back, but not before snapping a picture.  Before I knew it, Patrick was down on one knee proposing.  To which, my first reaction was to say . . . "are you serious?" 

I can't help it.  It was the first thing that flew out of my mouth.  But when he put this ring on my finger, I found out that he was indeed serious.  Extremely serious.  And I was extremely excited.

From this point, Pat took me to the Knob Hill Hotel.  It was absolutely stunning, spectacular, classy and perfectly romantic. 

He had rented out a rooftop, penthouse suite.  Complete with hot tub two feet from the elegant bed. 

Yeah I have been on Cloud Nine ever since Saturday afternoon.  It was without a doubt, the greatest night of my life (next to the births of my children of course).

I mean seriously.  This was our little front yard.  We rode up on an old school elevator with a gate and everything. 

I managed to squeeze in one more outfit photo before we left.  Honestly, the rest of the weekend was spent in the hot tub for the most part.  Hey, when the man of your dreams gives you a gorgeous ring on the Golden Gate Bridge and then takes you to a gorgeous rooftop penthouse suite, you get naked.  You just do.  (TMI?)

Leather Leggings-Kohl's; Two Tone Skirt-New York & Co., thrifted; Sheer Button Down Blouse-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Booties-Ralph Lauren, gifted

We are now fast-forwarding to today and this is what I wore-comfy clothes, a sparkly new ring and a great big smile.

You wanna know the best way to start your Monday morning?  I found out minutes before my departure to work that I was out of coffee creamer.  So, I decided to stop at Starbucks.  There was a huge line (duh, Monday morning) in the drive through, so I opted to go inside.

The cashier noticed my ring.  I told her I just got engaged this weekend.  Suddenly, all (and I mean all--drive through, a girl on her day off, a girl on her way in, coffee makers) Starbucks personnel were on me like white on rice.  "How did he do it? How long have you been together?  When's the big day?"  

Basically, my engagement stopped Starbucks on a Monday morning for a good ten minutes.  Now that's what I'm talking about.  It really made me feel good.  I mean, I don't really have girlfriends outside of my family (well I have "girlfriends" by way of homosexual men but not female girlfriends), so it was fun to be all girly for a minute. 

I have been DYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGG to share this news with you all, but I had to make sure my family and friends knew first.  

My Monday, though busy and a little stressful workwise, was superseded by my giddy romantical mood of dancing, laughing, smiling and pigging out all day on Thai lunch from The Buddha.

I basically find any excuse to look at my ring, talk about my engagement and text mushy talk back and forth with Patrick.  Some of you may be confused.  I mean, I do have three kids.  Well, you see, I've never been married.  I've never been engaged or proposed to.  Yeah, I know.  I like to pave my own way, if you will.  

So that's how it happened.  See how much better it blends with a little Tarantino action?  I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

Ribbed Black Turtleneck-International Concepts, thrifted; Culottes-Metro Style, thrifted; Teal Kitten Heels-Alfani, gifted; Necklace-Wal-Mart; Earrings-Kohl's; Bag-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs