November 21, 2012

My Two Cents


 

First and foremost, I need to explain to you that the jewel on my Fauxnolos started to fall off this morning, so I swung by Wal-Greens stat to get some super glue for a quick fix.  I started operation fix the falsies as soon as I got in the car.  Unfortunately, the super glue exploded all over my hands.  And dripped on my skirt.  About ten minutes prior to these photos.  So that unsightly mark on my skirt is indeed super glue to ghetto fix my shoe.  I'm a slick one.

So in honor of the impending holiday season, the gorgeous Colorado weather (seriously, I was sweltering in my denim jacket today) and my lack of motivation to return to work on my lunch break (I did, don't worry), I decided to do something I always wanted to do.

I took my outfit photos at the 29th Street Mall today.  I figured since Black Friday (aka the bane of my existence) is on Friday, it would be pretty vacant.  For the most part I was right.  Other than a homeless guy that I noticed was standing literally right next to me just smiling and watching me, but he didn't say anything so he's cool.

So.  Black Friday.  I am not a fan at all.  I worked retail for five years.  I was initially hired on as temporary seasonal help, so right before the fiasco goes down.  I used to think that Black Friday was just a myth or urban legend.  But no friends.  That ish is legit.

On my first Black Friday, I was put on security.  Me.  Short, skinny minny, quiet little me.  It was not a good plan. I got shoved.  I got yelled at.  I got nearly trampled.  My head nearly spun around when I pulled up to work, not quite 12 hours after stuffing my face with my weight in mashed potatoes and visiting with family, and saw a line of hundreds already lined up at the front doors. 

There were moms with their kids.  Three in the morning.  In the November winter air.  There are families with Nokia walkee-talkee things crossing things off of lists and double checking of plans of attack.  Nobody is happy.  Nobody is excited.  Everyone is cold, tired, impatient, stressed out and pissed.

Black Friday is the only day of the year that I do not and will not shop.  And I mean nothing.  Grocery store, thrift store, department store, nada.  To me I just think "yeah, it may save some money . . . but is that money worth it?".

Seriously.  Is saving the money worth losing sleep, losing time with family because you have to get up early or losing your freaking mind?  Seriously.

Not to mention the fact that now some stores are even opening on Thanksgiving.  This means that there are employees that have to lose time with their families to work retail on Thanksgiving Day.  That is just preposterous to me. I won't do it.  I just won't do it.

So anyways.  You know where I won't be on Friday, but know that I will be at my mom's in the Springs tomorrow for Thanksgiving so I most likely will not be here on the blog tomorrow.  So I hope you all have a great Thanskgiving Day, get stuffed, laugh a lot, bring up old stories and count your blessings.

 Denim Jacket-Lee; Skirt-Kimichi Blue, thrifted; Shirt-Wal-Mart; Footless Tights-Kohl's; Heels-"Manolo Blahniks"; Earrings-gifted; Clutch-Candie's

1 comment:

  1. This web site truly has all the information and facts
    I needed concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.
    Also see my page > panic attack treatment

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs