September 26, 2012

Good Morning Charlie!


MusicPlaylist

I just happened to catch some sunny time to take these photos today during my lunch break.  Directly before and after, we had massive thunderstorms and pouring rain.

Well, it's official.  Fall has hit Colorado and it has hit hard.  The air is crisp, the leaves are changing on the trees and those familiar smells of fireplaces, pumpkin and frost are rearing their heads.

It makes me pretty sad.  I mean, I like fall, don't get me wrong.  But fall means that winter is on its way.  And winter is my nemesis.  Snow.  Cold.  Wet.  Slushy.  Blech.

All the bitching I did about the heat and here I go bitching about snow that hasn't come yet.  Figures.  #typicalstyleblogger

At any rate, such weather evokes the comfortable style in most of us--chunky sweaters, leggings, tights, boots.  And those are all fine and well.

But today I was having a t-shirt and jeans kind of day.  Even though my office is pretty liberal when it comes to dress code, I wouldn't be one to push the envelope with just a t-shirt and jeans.  

Here's an example of how to spruce up the typical t-shirt and jeans days.  #1--chose your denim wisely.  If you feel like blue jeans are too casual, try to dress it up with a fun color or pattern.

#2 When in doubt, add a blazer.  Always.  There is little you can do to a blazer that doesn't make something more grown up.  A dress, jeans, a suit, shorts, any way you slice it, blazer=professional.

#3  Add some polished accessories.  Today, I added a scarf and some killer heels.

Speaking of killer heels, for some reason, these newly acquired loves ($8!!!!!) made me feel all Charlie's Angels today.

Especially because every morning Bert, one of the attorneys in the office, always greets Sally (another paralegal who sits in the desk across from mine) and I with "Good morning ladies" and we always answer back "Good morning" in unison.  And every morning in my head I think of Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Lui.  "Good morning Charlie!"

  

Red Jeans-vintage; Tan Blazer-thrifted; White Tee-gifted; Polka Dot Scarf-vintage; Neon Cap Toe Heels-Charlotte Russe; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs