September 28, 2011

A Beautiful Ride



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

I got sick of my usual scenery for outfit shots, so I took a different drive home and discovered this perfect little fishing spot/reservoir.  The leaves on the trees were magnificent and the babbling water was so serene. 

Driving to pick up my kids, the above song came on my IPod (still sans car radio).  It was so relaxing driving through the countryside on my way home.  It almost felt like I was rediscovering my town.  The autumnal country scenery was absolutely perfect for some Gary Allen. 

"Life ain't always beautiful.  Sometimes it's just plain hard.  Life can knock you down, it can break your heart . . . 

 . . . Life ain't always beautiful.  You think you're on your way.  And it's just a dead end road at the end of the day . . . 

. . . But the struggles make you stronger.  And the changes make you wise.  And happiness has it's own way of taking its sweet time . . .

. . . No life ain't always beautiful.  Tears will fall sometimes.  Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

I am not one for cliches.  In fact, the use of cliches are oft used at the most inopportune times--when the speaker doesn't know what else to say and the recipient either doesn't believe the cliche or doesn't think it applies to them.  

I've been through some very trying times in my life for sure.  I've been given my own surplus of cliches.  I've heard the "this too shall pass", "everything happens for a reason" and "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" speech more than I can count.  

At the time, I would just roll my eyes and give a "pssssssssh" under my breath.  But, turns out, it is totally true.  Through all the ish I have been through, without it, I would not be the person I am today.  And for that I am grateful.  For every single challenging and messed up thing I have been through, I am grateful.  And, Gary Allen is right, life is a beautiful ride.   

Maroon Top-Style & Co., thrifted; Suede Penstripe Pencil Skirt-Dawn Joy, thrifted; Belt-thrifted; Heels-Mudd; Bracelets and Earrings-Kohl's


Oh, oh, oh!!!!!!!!!  Speaking of beautiful, do you all remember this dress?  Well, eShakti is being kind enough to offer all interested readers a $20 discount to eShakti's online store!!!!  Just for YOU!!!  (and you and you and you).  All you need to do is use the discount code ROBIN0811.  Isn't that great news????  The code is valid through October 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs