October 10, 2013

Thursday Mixer--Beige Maxi Skirt

 I got this maxi skirt to attend an Orthodox Jewish Sabbath several years ago for a college class with one of my mom's best friends.  It was an amazing cultural experience.  

 But at the time, I didn't own any long skirts and didn't feel like investing in any so I got this skirt at Savers for what I believe to be $6 or so.  It may actually be one of my first thrifting purchases come to think of it.  Current price per wear (only documented by the blog, though really it is much lower IRL): $1.

 Top Left to Right-1, 2, 3
Bottom Left to Right-1, Now, 3

 My daughter and I have made a new tradition together.  After we drop my younger son off at football practice, we have about an hour or so to kill before we have to pick him up.  So we go to the library.

 My daughter is a bookworm.  She's always loved to read.  She's 6, but she reads at a 4th grader level.  She can whiz through books.  So we picked my son up from practice today after a library run.  She started playing the shadow game, where she copies everything everyone says--me and her brother.

 Conner and I were naturally getting annoyed so I told him just not to talk to her until she could stop copying us.  "Finally," my daughter says, "Silence so I can read my book."  She's one smart cookie.

Beige Maxi Skirt-New York and Company, thrifted; Hot Pink Tied Button Down-Marshall's; Floral Flats-Payless; Necklace-DIY and gifted; Sunnies-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs