October 16, 2013

Mission #19, Day 3--Leopard Skirt

Day 3 of Mission Week and I could not wait to pull out this leopard print skirt!  I got it with a gift card from my mom's ex-boyfriend (we're still tight) and I knew I would get some serious use out of it.

I didn't realize it yesterday when I did my post, but October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  It's been 5 months since my miscarriage and although life has changed in the most wonderful and hectic way since then, I still think about it everyday.

Sharing my story made me feel so much better.  I know that it isn't for everyone, but it was something that I just couldn't hold in.  And I have actually read several stories in the meantime--even of other bloggers that I respect and regularly visit--with their stories.  And it makes me feel relieved.

Of course, it's not something you ever want to go through.  You don't want anyone else to go through it.  But it does help, for me, to know that it is becoming something that you can actually talk about, read about and feel ok with sharing about.  Ironically, Patrick and I just watched a Ted Talks about it not long ago.

When we focus on these horrible things that happen, it makes them tangible.  It makes us able to mourn them and not just sweep them under the rug.  It helps us, I think, be able to recognize that we're not alone and, almost just as important, it wasn't our faults.  So let's take a moment today and be grateful for all the children, mothers and fathers that are in our lives.  And, if applicable, take a moment to peacefully remember those we have lost.

Black Sweater-Kohl's; Leopard Print Skirt-White House Black Market; Boots-Charlotte Russe; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-shop at mall

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs