June 7, 2011

A (Fashion) Tragedy Hath Striken Thyself



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


Bad mornings can go one of two ways.  Either you get cussed on all day and cuss goes wrong at every turn.  Ooooor you get all the bad cuss out of the way so the rest of your day can go on as usual. Luckily, I got the latter part of this equation, but let me tell you, this morning was rough.


One of those things, you know, you drive off without your cell phone, the sitter shows up late, you can't find a coffee mug (driving you to near panicy convulsions) . . . It seems never ending. (More on my craptastic morning to follow at the end of this post)


What did cheer me up, however, was this outfit. I love wearing this top and it is the perfect layering piece for summer because it is so light. The sleeves are my favorite part. I felt like an angel or a ghost all day (I prefer angel--ghosts freak me the cuss out). Something you have to look out for, I've found, when wearing these sleeves, though. Going to the bathroom and outdoor grilling can become devastating if you are not careful. Just something for your back pocket . . .


Also, I have a confession to make.  I have been toting this bag since I first featured it here.  Every other bag you have seen on this blog since that post, has been void of all inside essentials and just for show.  Lies, I tell you!  Lies!  I'm coming clean with you.  I'm sorry if I have lost any trust with any of you.  Please forgive me!


The "final straw" of the morning (and luckily it ended here) was during the below jump shot. So, if you have been reading for a while now, you know that I have been trying to perfect a jumping shot (you know, like the professionals do). Yep, just me, my tripod and a half baked smile. Well, I have to say, this was a pretty good run at it. Definitely the best I've accomplished thus far. Apparently, though, my necklace did not agree. Right after this shot was taken, I found myself in a pond of beads. My necklace was completely in shambles. Good thing I have a back up teal beaded necklace. *Cue bugles*

Maxi Skirt-New York & Company, thrifted
Sheer Top-Rockin Robins
Blue Polka Dot Tank-gifted
Wedges-Kohl's
Bag-Claire's
Ring-Encore
Earrings-gifted
Bracelets-vintage and gifted
Necklace-Wal-Mart (may it rest in pieces)


 

18 comments:

  1. Your trousers are like a dream! <3 I truly adore them! And your yellow bag is the perfect pop of colour!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jumping photo, and even with all the mayhem of your morning you still put together a perfect outfit! Shasie
    Enter My Niqué Cosmetics Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jo! It's actually a skirt. I love this bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Shasie, you always know what to say! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fashionista_Next_DoorJune 8, 2011 at 9:15 AM

    awwwww Sorry Frannie! We all have those mornings, but looking good (as you do) is always a good "cheerer upper" (yes, that is a word!)

    Love this neutral color palette with a pop of natural color courtesy of that necklace! It's so light and airy. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! And thanks for stopping back by! Yes, my necklace WAS a nice pop of color *sigh*. The poor thing. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely look.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loove the skirt! So cute <33

    xx,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Bonnie! One of my best thrift finds. It's lasted me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your day is going better. Love your pale floaty outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh this outfit is so fun and I love it! I love the skirt..so comfy and you can skip shaving hehe :) and I love well pretty much it all! Hope your day turns around and ends up just fantastic! I'm from Colorado too :)

    Ashley Sloan
    Check out my hat giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! that turquoise necklace is soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Megan, why thank you so much! It did go much better after that. I appreciate your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ashley, LOL that's always a plus! Thank you for your sweet comment. My day was extremely better after this, thank you! Where are you from in Colorado?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much! And you are welcome! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my! i'm so sorry to hear you had a bad day... they always come and go.. but it always sucks when you're stuck in it.
    :(
    you outfit certianly cheered me up! love the color of the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL it's fine. It was a fine day actually--just a rough morning. Good to get that out of the way! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs