August 30, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Vintage Rust Dress


At this rate, I'm going to have to change the name of this series.  I keep picking all time favorite articles of clothing that were worn more than three times by me on the blog. #selfishbratwoeisme

At any rate, this is one of my favorite vintage dresses of all time.  Seriously.  I loved the color, the shape and the vintage fabric the minute I laid eyes on it.  It has proven to be quite versatile, which is surprising given its autumnal color.

 1, 2, 3, 4
5,6, 7, 8

So there is this particular park that I like to go to take my photos at, but it is all the way on the other side of Boulder.  Usually it is packed, but today it was empty.  Strange.  Well, here was why.

See those cones and caution tape?  Can you read that sign?  The park was closed today due to wildlife.  It turns out there was a bear stuck in a tree and they closed the park.

Being a Natural Born Rebel, I bypassed the caution tape on an offbeat bike path to take my photos.  Was this a good idea?

Well, I suppose I could've been ticketed/yelled at by the Boulder Police (we all remember how much they love me . . .).  And, perhaps I could've been mauled by a bear. 

But I had already driven all the way across town and dammit, I was taking my picture at this park come hell or high water.

Needless to say, I got the shots, didn't get ticketed/arrested/made to serve more community service.  And I didn't get eaten by a bear.

So I guess you could say all's fair in love and blogging.  Or something like that.  This mumbo jumbo should translate into the following to you:

Patrick's out of town.  I've been "single mothering" it up all night.  I'm beat.  I'm sweating (we are on day 65 of 90+ temperatures here in Colorado--unheard of and record breaking).  And I'm delirious.

So let's just leave it at that and remember to email me your pics for the new e-party by Tuesday.  Oh and, watch out for bears if you're off of Arapahoe in Boulder.

Rust Colored Dress-vintage; Denim Blazer-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Cowboy Boots-vintage; Earrings-Kohl's


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs