August 16, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Cargo Vest


MusicPlaylist

If I had to estimate, I'd say I've worn this vest about a bajillion times.  I have a tendency to exaggerate, but seriously.  I pined over this vest, paid $20 for it and the BPPW (Blog Price Per Wear) is currently at about $2 and the IRL PPW (In Real Life Price Per Wear) is much higher.

This vest has been the perfect layering piece in all four seasons.  And it gives a bit of toughness to any dress, makes an otherwise dressy look down to casual and is a great neutral-esque color.  Just see for yourselves:

(Right to Left, Top--1, 2, 3, 4, 5; Right to Left, Bottom--6, 7, 8, 9)

I know it's Threesome Thursday, but I couldn't just pick three good times I've worn this vest.  That's how awesome it is.  

Anywho, yes, yes, the time has come.  Fall is on its merry way.  My mom found a perfectly golden leaf the other day, today was blissfully overcast and cool and, most importantly, school started today.

The obligatory first day of school pictures of the kids.  I  didn't get one of Kaden because he's "too cool" now and was super nervous about starting middle school today.  But aren't Brielle and Conner so cute?  I made them do funny faces to ease the mood.

I caught this one of Brielle as she was waiting in line to go into Kindergarten. I'm absolutely certain that she is the cutest Kindergartner to go to school today.  And, for the record, I always let my kids pick out their own clothes.  She done did good.


Know what else happened today?  Three of the five of us in the house got shots today.  I had to take a chunk of the afternoon to take Kaden and Brielle to get their immunizations.  And I thought I cried enough after dropping off Brielle, now I had to hold her as she got her shots.  She was so brave.  I ended up holding Kaden too.  Partly for support and partly because he wasn't havin' it.

And Patrick had to get shots at the Air Force base today to prepare for deployment.  So I have six sore arms at my house tonight.  But I did get ice cream for the kids afterwards.  ;-)

Also, I love Patrick.  I feel like I brag about him all the time, but seriously.  Peep this.  So, my day was rotten.  I ran from 6:30 to 10:00 at night--stressed, annoyed, pissed, frustrated and emotional.

Because I missed an inordinate amount of time taking the kids to the doctor, I got buried at work.  I asked Patrick to pick up the kids for me after waking up early from drill, doing a running exercise, getting shots and driving an hour to and from base.

He said "no problem".  He got all the kids.  He took them where they needed to go.  Then I got a random text from him "pizza sounds good tonight."  Yes!  No cooking or dishes!

And then he came home with a Dr. Pepper.  And, we took the night off from Insanity.  And last night too.  What?  We're not giving up on it.  But we're beat.  We don't even get a chance to start it until 10 at night and we gotta get up early and do it all over again.  But tomorrow--it's on!

When I picked Brielle up from Patrick at Conner's football practice to take her on a chore run with me, I walked up to this:

It's important to remember that in the midst of wedding planning, you're not just going to have a wedding, you're getting married.  And it is so satisfying to be reminded of why you are so excited for both.

 Navy Polka Dot Handkerchief Hem Dress-vintage; Cargo Vest-Old Navy; Buckle Boots-Kohl's; Watch-gifted; Earrings-gifted
 
Don't Forget!!!

About the email I got from Stella with Kohl's.  They want me to extend to you a 10% off discount to their online store by using the discount code BLOGIT10 upon checkout until August 23, 2012.  How cool is that?

Annnnnnnd one of my absolute favorite sponsors, eShakti (remember this dress and this dress?) is AGAIN offering 10% off to you lucky Frannie Pantz readers as well by using the discount code  FR24SXN through August 31, 2012.  This can even be used in addition to the 40% off sale they are already offering on some items! 

So go buy sumpin purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs