April 5, 2012

A Likely Story


MusicPlaylist

You see that picture right above?  Do you have any clue what that look on my face is all about?  The answer, friends, is no.  No, you could never guess what my lunch hour photo shoot entailed today.  

So, today was a weird day.  I don't know what the eff was going on today, but my kids were on a rampage.  Seriously.  My daughter was insistent on wearing these new to her (gifted by her cousin) shoes that were four sizes too big and it took every arsenal I had in my mom vocab to get her to give it up. 

And my boys.  Ah.  My boys were at each other's throats this morning.  Added bonus: now that they both have a cell phone, I got a simultaneous phone calls from both of them to tattle on one another.  Sigh.

On the way into work this morning, I fell up the stairs.  That's right.  I missed a step and fell up the damn stairs.  

Theeeeeen, I went to lunch.  I had to go the bank to deposit a check.  As I walk out the bank, I see a buttload of cop cars, lights, a tow truck and a man in hand cuffs.  I don't know what it was all about but it was weeeeird.  

But the piece de resistance came just after the bank as I decided on what I have come to affectionately call Freak Show Park. I swear every time I go here to take my pictures, something weird or effed up happens.  I mean everything from being charged a toll to take my pictures by a homeless man, being educated on squirrels by a stranger, watching skateboards sword fight with sticks and being completely demoralized by some random a-holes.  

So, back up to the second photo above.  Here I am, minding my own business, snapping away when just as I turn for the above picture, I see out of the corner of my eye what appears to be like 5-7 large dogs running across the street.

Upon closer examination, I realize that those . . . are not dogs.  They are freaking deer.  DEER!!!  A herd of freaking deer were being chased by a German Shepard literally two feet away from me and my camera.  

I swear to God, I stood there, stunned for a good 5 minutes trying to figure out if that was, in fact, what just happened.  I look around and see Bambi's whole fam damily running a muck all up and through that park.  

I swear to God, I cannot make this up people.  I almost got trampled on my lunch hour taking my outfit photos by a herd of effing deer. 

I assure you, this could only happen in Colorado.  Um, is there a full moon?  Yep.  Yep, there sure is. 

Leopard Print Cardigan-Merona, thrifted; Camel Colored Tunic-Kohl's; Pastel Pink Mini Skirt-Giorgio Fiorliar, thrifted; Cognac Knotted Booties-Charlotte Russe; Necklace-Kohl's

1 comment:

  1. Robin, you have such fun stories. Once time at work, I was waiting on someone to pick me up and was staring out the windows. Suddenly there was a herd of deer running across the parking lot!
    Your outfit is really pretty and you can't tell at all that you were nearly run over by deer.

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs