April 13, 2012

As Luck Would Have It



MusicPlaylist

Finding new locations to take my outfit photos makes me simultaneously ecstatic and trigger crazed.  So this is a photo heavy post.  My bad.

But, dare I say, it was a gorgeous Friday the 13th if I do say so myself.  The weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse this weekend (figures), but today, I enjoyed the sunshine. 

I found this fantabulous park dropping off some discovery for an opposing attorney today and just fell in love with it.  It has so many photo possibilities!  Ripe with beauty and seclusion.

I realize that this outfit teeters on too dressy for a weekend and too sassy for a work day, but all in all--LOVED IT!

One of my favorite clients came in today and looked over at me at my desk and says "let me see those shoes girl!"  She's a major fan of my footwear.

Peggy loved the outfit too, but only from the skirt up.  She said my shoes were too sexy and demanded that I was wearing "come {edit} me tights."  Nay, says I.  They're striped!

And the pizza delivery girl (hey, give me a break ok?  It's Friday, Patrick is gone, my younger kids are gone and Mama was hun-gry) said that my outfit was very retro chic.  

And, to boot, while I was outlining where I got what below, I realized that with the exception of the skirt, everything I am wearing was given to me.  Ev-rah-thang.  Thanks Mom and Matty!

Friday the 13th must have given me a break, I think.  I mean, our Xerox machine broke at work (I loathe that thing's existence), but it was at the end of the day and let me leave work early since the repair guy can't come until Monday morning and the work I had revolved around scanning and copying documents.  So that was kind of a win!

And I broke two nails at one time putting the dishes away once I got home, but all the rest of my nails were lost earlier in the week anyway, so I don't care.  I always have pathetic nubs for nails. 

My poor honey, though, was not so lucky.  The poor guy has been working overnights at the Air Force base for the past couple of days.  So, he goes from working a day job 9-5er to working nights which messes with his sleep schedule. 

So, he gets off work at 5 in the morning, goes to start his Jeep, takes off all of his Air Force garb, throws it and his backpack into the Jeep, simultaneously (and accidentally) locking his doors.  With his wallet, phone and pretty much everything important in the car.

He tried to call the cops on base, but, of course, they couldn't help him because it's a *whiny voice* liability.  So he had to pry the window open with two rocks and some kind of crow bar thing.  Poor baby!

So he was stuck out of his running car for an hour.  Totally sleep deprived and just wanting a warm bed.  

So, I'm not even going to complain about the broken fingernails, broken Xerox machine or CFM tights comment.  Because it could be much worse.  Sorry honey!

White Cardigan-Merona, gifted; Purple Metallic Button Down Blouse-Express, gifted; Satin Floral Circle Skirt with Pockets-Candie's; Striped Tights-gifted; Sling Back Booties-Nine West, gifted; Watch-gifted; Necklace-ICE, gifted; Earrings-Shane Co., gifted

1 comment:

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs