April 24, 2012

Tuesday Bluesday



MusicPlaylist

We had temps in the high 80's today.  Like, we almost broke the record high for April in Colorado today.  Knowing this, I decided to celebrate with my safari printed shorts. 

These high temps and fun high waisted mom shorts were perfect for today.  I felt cool in them.  Like both temp wise and awesome wise.

Oh how I love summer.  I cannot wait for it to get here.  As the close of April draws near, I can't help but be excited, anxious and kinda sad about it. 

It makes me kinda sad because during the summers, I only get to see my younger two kids on the weekends.  I miss them so much during the week!

But it is also very exciting because during the school year, I don't really get weekends with my kids.  So during the summer, I get to be "fun mom".  In other words, we get to do all the really fun laid back things like staying up late, going to drive in movies, swimming and going on evening walks.

I get so tired during the school year of the same rushed routine of making sure the kids get bathed and have lunches packed and homework done and conferences met and the like that I don't get to enjoy my time with the kids as much as I do during the summer. 

But it is also a little nerve wracking that my kids are almost done with school.  I am going to be a big ball of emotions come fall.  Why?

Because my oldest son is going to middle school this fall.  Middle school.  I can hardly believe it.  He will be going to the same middle school I went to.  Crazy.  

And my baby will be going into kindergarten.  Kindergarten.  That means I will have all three of my kids in school.  Which is why I am really going to make this summer count.  And I.  Can't.  Wait. 

  Black Embroidered Short Sleeve Button Up Top-Johnathan Martin, thrifted; Tropical Print Shorts-gifted; Lace Up Sling Back Booties-Nine West, gifted; Elephant Cuff-vintage; Earrings-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs