April 25, 2012

Pucker Up Buttercup



MusicPlaylist

Every time I have worn this dress, people mistake the pears for lemons.  Which is unfortunate.  But the song above came on the old IPod today and that was fortunate.  Because lately I've had some style/writer's block and this gave me a good idea for discussion today.  (Get it?  Lemons?  Pucker? . . . No?)

In case it was not obvious enough, today we are reflecting on first kisses.  Do you remember yours?  How old were you?

Since you asked, I was 15.  That's right.  I was a total late bloomer.  I was probably the shyest, most awkward kids on the planet. 

Seriously, though, my first "boyfriend" was in 7th grade (wait for it--I wasn't 15 in 7th grade, I know), buuuuuut (there it is) I never even held his hand.  Or slow danced with him at the social.  Or . . . even talked to him really.  We lasted two weeks.  

My next "boyfriend" (one month this time) was my first kiss.  It was so romantic, just like in the movies.  He bought me a sundae and we kissed in front of McDonald's.  Yep.  Not really what I pictured for all those years watching romantic comedies.

Strange, isn't it?  Interesting to hear other people's experiences with their first kiss.  I will tell you, I have yet to hear of one that measured up to any of those movies.  

Recently Patrick and I were watching Strange Sex (don't judge, it's a good show).  There was a couple on there that did not kiss until their wedding day.  Anyone.  They had their first kiss ever at the alter.  

And, it's just crazy to think about.  I mean, you hear about not having sex until your wedding day.  I get that and it seems to hold merit.  But not kiss anyone?  Really.  That's taking it a trite too far.  Needless to say, their first kiss . . . um . . . looked awkward to put it plainly. 

I will tell you my best kiss ever.  When Patrick proposed to me.  I just remember being so euphoric over what was happening.  He's said it was his favorite too.  ;-)  

Which makes me even more excited to marry Patrick.  It is amazing to find someone that you can look forward to kissing every day for the rest of your life.

So, as it is spring and I am feeling a bit twitterpatted with my honey, it's time for y'all to fess up, if you are so bold.  First kisses.  Go.  (C'mon, I'm wearing pears lemons for Heaven's sake.)

 Pear Patterned Dress-c/o eShakti; Yellow Cardigan w/ Ribbon Collar-J. Crew, thrifted; Suede Open Toe Pumps-Nine West, gifted; Earrings-DIY and gifted

1 comment:

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs