April 2, 2012

Conner Thomas


MusicPlaylist

As I mentioned yesterday, I went into labor with my younger son, Conner on April Fool's Day seven years ago. 

It was a strange day, actually.  The Pope and my grandfather had just passed away an hour or so before I went into labor.  

I remember laying down to go to sleep around 11:15 that night when I started feeling sharp pains.  Within 30 minutes, I was unmistakeably in labor.  And I mean the typical screaming like a maniac woman in labor.  And four hours after that, at 4:02 on 4/2/05, my little Conner was born.  

Conner is such a blessing in my life.  He is a certified genius and he has always been bright.  By ten months, he was talking in full sentences--no joke.  By three, he could add multiple numbers at once.  Two years ago at five years old, he was explaining to me what a triangular prism was.  Currently, he is in first grade and does the math of a sixth grader.  Nothing gets by this kid.  

But he is just like any little boy.  He loves cars, football (he is super stoked about Peyton Manning becoming a Bronco . . . whatever that entails I'm not sure), Pokeman, Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and, of course, video games.  

Conner is also just a sweetheart.  Of all my three kids, he is the first always to say thank you, please, offer to help, hold a door open for you and share with his older brother and younger sister.  I just love him to pieces.    Happy birthday Conner!  I love you so much!

Another reason to celebrate today?  I finally got to see my younger kids after nine days!  They have been on Spring Break with their dad and I have been missing them like crazy.  

So even though it was Monday and back to work and billing at work and yadayadayada . . . you couldn't wipe the smile off of my face all day.  I was stoked. 

I took a break at work today and went to have lunch with Conner at school today.  He felt like hot stuff.  And he was.  ;-)

Then, after work and school, we headed out for pancake dinner and ice cream dessert.  I can't imagine a better dinner myself. 

And, of course, the presents.  He got a new football, some Angry Birds shirts, a new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, a new DS game and a Lego set.  He was pretty pumped.

And as for me, I was pumped too.  I have my kiddos back, I got to put all the mundane normal activities on the back burner and have some quality time with my kids and I even got all the billing done at work.  

Besides the crappy snow that is supposed to make an appearance tonight, it is looking like a swell way to ring in the April month.  Not too bad.  Not too bad at all. 

Coral Pleated Trousers-BCBG, thrifted; White Tie Waist Button Up Top-Charter Town, thrifted; Khaki Blazer-thrifted; Pink Booties-thrifted; Earrings-gifted; Bracelet-DIY and gifted

2 comments:

  1. Aw :) Your little boy is so cute and he sounds amazing! Cute outfit... I am loving all things pastel right now!
    -Jenny
    http://thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that color on you, and your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs