April 29, 2012

Back in Black


MusicPlaylist

This is what I wore on Saturday.  I wore it to go see my sister at her thrift store in Johnstown.  Also to drop off some clothes for it from my closet.  *sniff sniff*


The bag I actually borrowed from her store on my way out front to take photos with it.  I fell in love with its vintage briefcase-esque feel.  When I saw the golden "R" on the front, I knew it was a match made in heaven (my real name starts with an "R").  She let me keep it.  ;-)


It is for that reason that I cannot own my own thrifting or consigning store.  I would end up just keeping everything that walked through the door. 


I actually thrifted this sweater last week some time.  Surprisingly, it is the only thing that I left the thrift store with.  With a $3 pricetag and the chain detail on the shoulders, it was pretty much a no brainer. 


Unfortunately, I did not follow one of the cardinal rules of thrifting before purchase--trying it on.  Though I still love the sweater, I was thrown off by how tight it was, how shear it was and how itchy it was.  Sadly, it might end up at my sister's store after all.  :-(


You know me.  I love my colors.  But sometimes, it is nice to take a break and go for the oldest neutral standby in the book--black.  


To my surprise, Patrick loved this look.  He totally dug the darker goth side of my wardrobe for a change and he's always been a sucker for my combat boots.  Go figure.


Which was funny because here I was snapping away while Patrick was talking to my sister about the shelves he is building for her in the store (is he the best or what?).  Or so I thought.  


I've become so used to ignoring my surroundings while OOTD shooting that I barely noticed when Patrick stopped right in front of me with his phone, snapping away right along with me.  Little sneaker.


When I finally noticed him standing there, I didn't recognize him at first and almost yelled at/pepper sprayed him.  Good thing I figured it out before too long.  Woopsie. 


All in all, our Saturday was so busy.  We were at my sister's shop in the morning, my office in the afternoon and then on our way up to Black Hawk for Pat's sister's surprise birthday party.  More about that in the next post, but let me say, it was a grand ole time. 


  Black Shear Sweater with Chain Detail on Shoulder-H&M, thrifed; Black Pleated Mini Skirt-Star City; Black Combat Boots-L.E.I., gifted; Bag-vintage and gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs