April 4, 2012

Springtastic


MusicPlaylist

Aw yes.  Welcome to Colorado folks.  Yesterday the ground was tickled in snowflakes, today it is sprinkled in flower petals.  We're back in business!

Speaking of business--this pencil skirt.  I love it.  It makes my waist look teeny, which is a plus.  And it has pockets--also a plus.  What is not a plus is what I have to go through to get this illusion to pan out.  You should have seen me trying to button and zip this thing this morning.  Madness.  And shenanigans.  A double whammy. 

 And, as much as I love this skirt--it is a bit restrictive.  Like difficult to breath and move in it.  But no matter.  Breathing and moving are overrated anyways.

And because it snowed yesterday, I was hesitant to go back to bare legs--thus the knee socks and boots.  But it's okay.  Because, as I've aforementioned, I tend to get separation anxiety during transitional seasons.  And I'm not quite ready to bid my boots farewell.  

Tonight I had a bridal consultation for my hair.  I was all super stoked about it.  Why didn't I just pretend that I was getting married this whole time to get my hair done for free, I asked myself.  Here I was expecting to leave the salon lookin' like a diva.  Not so much.  Apparently, the only place you get your hair did for free as a bridal consultation is at the Gatsby on Jerseylicious.  Bummer.  But I get it. 

Aaaaaaand Patrick took the kids to Kumon for me so I could make this consultation and since it took all of 20 minutes of my time instead of the hour or so I was factoring, I thought that I would at least get some shtuff done while they were out.  Wrong!  

Well, I tried.  I really did.  But as I was cleaning up the kitchen, a piece of paper caught my eye.  It was nothing but a reminder of Conner's upcoming presentation for school.  That I had forgot about.  That is due on Friday.  Frick!  

Suddenly I had flashbacks of being in school and telling my mom the day before that I needed poster board/dissecting gloves/a diorama the day before I needed it.  One quick trip to Wal-Greens and a couple of hours of cutting, pasting, taping, collecting, drawing and writing later and we were back on track though.  Super Mom to the rescue!

But all was not lost.  Patrick came home with Starbucks as usual.  This is the fuel that I live off of.  I can give up smoking.  I can give up soda.  I can even give up shopping.  But give up coffee?   That would just be bad all around. 

Guess what y'all?  The work week is officially half over.  Can you believe it?  I can't.  But I'll take it.  I am looking forward to being knee deep in egg dye tomorrow night with the kiddos.  And what could be better than that?

Chambray Button Up-Lee; Black Pencil Skirt-Louis Feraud, gifted; Gray Knit Knee Socks-Ross; Black Knee High Boots-Wal-Mart; Necklace-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs