April 21, 2012

Party Time Take One


MusicPlaylist

During the school year, I only get my kids one weekend a month since I have them during the weekdays.  Well, both of my younger kids have April birthdays so . . . this means we double up on parties during my one weekend in April.

Today is Brielle's birthday party.  It is starting in an hour.  We have about 1,587,359 princesses all about the house.  And the Tumblebus is coming.

So what does this mean for style?  Only that my look today has to consist of sensible shoes, effortless pieces that are easy to move in and acceptable to other parents. 

So I took these photos while I was out and about getting the last of the party stuff together.  You know, the usual--helium balloons, ice, Capri Suns . . .

But, the house is clean, the decorations are up, the food is ready and we are just waiting on the guests who should be here in about an hour or so. 

As a parent, for me, it is always a little nerve wracking to have birthday parties in my house.  I mean, my house isn't spectacular, the furniture isn't the latest and greatest and our carpet is beige.  Blech.  (We rent.)

Not to mention, you clean your little heart out only to have kids come in, destroy it and you have to clean it all over again. 

But the kids always have fun and that is what truly matters.  Not only that, but you don't have to do the whole transport the gobs of presents to the car and then back in the house thing.  So, really, it has some pros.

Another pro?  It is a GORGEOUS spring day.  And it is supposed to be gorgeous all weekend.  And I am so glad to enjoy it with my kiddos.

And, for the time being, I can enjoy my quiet and clean as a whistle house. 

Now if I can just get Brielle to stop asking me if it's time for the party yet every five minutes.  ;-)  Actually, I love when she does this.  It won't be happening for that much longer. 

Lemon Yellow Skinny Jeans-Kohl's; Chambray Short Sleeve Button Up Top-Style & Co., thrifted; Belt-Kohl's; Slip-on Tennies-Keds, thrifted; Earrings-gifted; Leopard Print Bangle-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs