June 29, 2012

Hopscotch at Noon


MusicPlaylist

 
"I have some chalk in my desk.  We'll break it out at noon for hopscotch," Bert (an attorney in my office) stated when he saw my shoes.

For whatever reason, I have been really excited to wear this look, which was 'zine-spired by this look from my InStyle magazine:

My dress is actually much longer, but looked a little Farmer's Daughter for the look I was going for.  A few rolls and a safety pins later and we had a shorter dress!  I even made a high-low hem on accident and was quite pleased with the way it came out.

Not only that, but I got to wear my new Saddle Oxfords from Payless.  I can't really explain why, but I have always had an adoration for Saddle Oxfords.  I even have them in platforms!

I had planned on straightening my hair but something amazing happened this morning.  9 times out of 10 my hair misbehaves.  Another 10 times out of 10 I don't want to do my hair.

But this morning something crazy happened, I went to do my hair and it looked good.  Now I'm no mathematician, but I think that adds up to 100% win. 

Not only that, but I had a lot of fun with my pictures today.  I went before work to a place I'd never been before and found this enormous, beautiful tree. 

I got to go pick up my kids.  Work was good.  The weather was pretty mild (after days of being in the triple digits, 95 feels like a cakewalk).

All in all, a perfect start to the weekend.  The kids and I even hit up a thrift store on the way home.  You should have seen the wonderment on Conner's face.  He loved it!

And so did Brielle.  She has been long overdue for a booster seat to replace her car seat.  We found one, bought it, used it right away, turned right around and donated her old car seat.  

She was much more accepting than I was about donating it.  My baby is growing up!  I can't believe she's going to be in kindergarten this fall.  

Kaden was pretty stoked too.  He wasn't with Conner, Brielle and I, but I did find him a Jackie Chan movie and a new shell necklace.  He had broken his last year and was super bummed about it. 

I might not be able to tell the future, but from what I can tell, this is going to be an amazing weekend.  I see lots of pool time, cousin time (my nieces will be here in the morning!), giggles and grilled food in our future . . .

White Cotton Midi Sundress-thrifted; Navy Shear Long Asymmetrical Drawstring Vest-thrifted; Saddle Oxfords-Payless; Cuff-Wal-Mart; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs