June 10, 2012

Unplugged



MusicPlaylist

I've been intentionally off the radar this weekend.  I had all three of my kids this weekend and after I drop them off tomorrow morning I won't see them for 11 days.  *sad face*

Saturday morning, the kids and I had some errands to run.  I.e. we had to take Kaden to get his pictures taken for baseball and do a little tidying up.  

But after that, it was on.  Brielle and I made pancakes--pink with chocolate chips, of course.  At Brielle's request, of course.

Then we headed up to Lyons to the pretty little park that Kaden had his game at on Friday.  Little did we know, there was a festival going on.  And . . .

Who did we bump into but my mom and her boyfriend!  Unfortunately, the festival was a beer centered festival, so we went our own little way over to the river--dipped our feet in the cool water, skipped rocks and watched people tube and kayak down the river. 

Then we came home, grilled some burgers and just hung out.  It was awesome.  

Today, we had a special something on our schedule.  We went to the Rockies game.  But it wasn't just any game.  It was a fundraiser for Kaden's baseball league and he and his teammates got to go out onto the field!

The Rockies lost (though from us Coloradoan's perspective, this was largely due to a bad call in the bottom of the ninth), but we had a blast.  

And, this of course meant junk food.  Lots of junk food.  The kids did not complain when we had Dippin Dots, hot dogs, rice krispy treats and Skittles.

So, I wore something to help beat the heat (baseball cap and short denim skirt) and add a little bit of funk (sandals with my new mesh socks).  

So, this is the kind of thing that I've been living in this weekend.  While I love dressing up and all, I love spending time with my family even more. 

Which is why I am blogging today.  It's not so much to show off my "look" or style today, but to brag about my wonderfully relaxing and fun weekend. 

And what better way to end such a lovely weekend than with a dose of Jerseylicious, a dash of quality time with my mans and maybe catch up with my newest obsession: S.O.A.  

  White Oversized Button Up-Wal-Mart; Denim Mini-Xhiliration (really, really old); Mesh Striped Socks-NWT and thrifted; Nude Criss Cross Sandals-Marshall's; Earrings-gifted; Aquarius Necklace-Target; Bracelets-DIY and gifted and vintage from Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs